Here is an updated patch for the alpha demo. Many of the comments made on the site have, hopefully, been ironed out.... enjoy :o)
We've made a patch for the demo to cover the bugs that were found in the alpha.
Hopefully we've ironed out the issues problems that have been highlighted on the forums. A list includes:
- Drawing distance in Epsilon has been increased and you can now see B5 from the gate.
- Drawing distance in HS has been reduced significantly
- Less Raider parties near Arisia at begining of game
- EA Shipyard docking has been fixed
- Cotton Tender now has a new Tships slot and as a result the correct map symbol
- Every player on every pc should now start with 6000cr. I've triple coded it!
- New Font added for in-game text
- First run of 'Escort mission' many bugs removed (needs more testing though)
- Correct gate at Mars (was a jumpoint)
- Removed loose gates and satellites at HS1713 (they will eventually have a destination though :o) )
- Blemish/artifact/barcode in Hyperspace has been removed
- Hyperspace vorticies now rotate the correct way
- Omega type rotating sections now all rotate anti-clockwise
- Omega named ships now have correct name tags
(Agamemnon, Agrippa, Alexander)
- Raider carrier can now dock all 'fighter' types not just M5
- Skylark-P now has camera cockpit and no weapons
- Reduced missile loadouts, only the most obvious candidates for missiles now have them pre-installed e.g. Sagittarius, Badger, Thunderbolt. Also reduced the missile probabilities all round.
- EA Hyperspace beacon now has the correct model and icon, I've also cleared the way for beacons for other races to be used (we already have 2 designs one for Narn one for Centauri - but that's for another day)
- New gate ID's to trial
- Poseidon now has correct weapons loadout
Other edits included
READ THE README FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS