After many many hours of work I finally finished the 1st version of the 1st Battle of Geonosis.
How to install this mod:
1. Download and install the 1.3 patch -> Gametoast.com [click mediafire link and follow the instructions]
2. Move the RDX folder to your addon Battlefront 2 folder:
Mine is like this: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon
Yours can be different and if you don't have that folder just create it.
3. Open the game, choose Geonosis, choose Clone Wars Redux and Conquest.
4. ENJOY! :D
- 10 Republic classes and 9 CIS classes. There are lots of new weapons. (information for their respective loadouts in the following link: Trello.com)
- Both sides have 2 available heroes (Aayla Secura, Mace Windu, Count Dooku and Jango Fett). However, when loading the map the game will choose 1 of them randomly for the player. Also, AI will be able to use both of them at any times.
- Movement stats and all infantry weapons stats have been tweaked in order to give a more star wars authentic experience.
- Droid engineers can heal other droids with their fusioncutters.
- There are 100 units on the map [basically at all times].
- Droidekas shoot 4 bolts per shot and Jango Fett and B2-HA Super Battle Droids shoot 2 bolts per shot.
- Every unit is unlocked from the start.
- Jedi/Sith power stats inspired by Movie Battles 2.
- Droideka unroll and roll time has been replicated from Episode 1 (when Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan encounters 2 droidekas on the Trade Federation ship).
- Most reload times for weapons have been inspired by BF4 weapons.
- Weapons are more accurate if you don't move.
- Most weapons have recoil.
- Jetpack fuel lasts 20 seconds and recharges in 10 seconds.
- Geonosians do mroe damage and you can play with them.
- The E-5s works like a DMR from BF4.
- Movement stats and some weapon stats are inspired by EA Battlefront 1
Things to expect in the next snapshot:
- New sound effects for almost every weapon. [Done]
- Jango's poison dart will have a model. [Done]
- HUD icons for weapons that don't have one.
- Removed melee due to game limitations. [Done]
- Updated vehicle weapons and health. [Done]
- AI will shoot more with their weapons. [Done]
- Autoturret laser color fixed. [Done]
- New pistol animation. [Done]
- Kit Fisto.[Done]
- Jango Fett's Jetpack Rocket [Done]
- Improved Jedi/Sith powers. [Done]
- Maybe a backpack for the Clone Medic [Done], a cannon for the B2-HA Super Battle Droid and maybe the B1 Grapple Droid [Done].
Assets I can't find (original links are broken) and that I need desperately:
- kinetosimpetus DC-15A rifle animation: Gametoast.com
- kinetosimpetus rocket trail/launch effect(s): Gametoast.com
- One of Jango Fett's pistol won't show when he is using his jetpack. [Fixed]
- The melee animation for some ARC troopers is used when they are throwing grenades. [Fixed]
- Jango Fett doesn't shoot from his second weapon [Imposible to fix]
- Missing first person models. [Not going to be fixed]
- EMP grenades don't disable vehicles. [Fixed]
Credits: On the summary page of the mod.
If you find any bugs at all please let me know via a PM or in the comments below. Please, if you have any suggestions let me know!. They are deeply appreciated, I can make the AI be more difficult and do many more modifications too. I really want this mod to have balanced sides.
Enjoy! and "May the force be with you".