Autumnal Winds texture pack for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Chernobyl
This mod changes ground colors, ground detail, trees, bushes, grass colors and variants, sky and sounds to bring nuclear autumn to the Zone.
Included optional addons:
- Custom AW menu + music
- Green conifers pack
- Dead trees pack
- Unique autumn camo Merc outfit
- Bar megaphone mute
- Misery-style mask hud overlay (requires CoC (Smurth's) Dynamic Hud addon)
- Four Misery mutants (textures)
- Rough and bumpy ground details
- Taller/denser/more varied grass for Zaton, Jupiter and Pripyat Outskirts from AN4
- Taller grass for Bar, Wild Territory, Radar, Pripyat, CNPP S & CNPP N
- Hi-res terrains for Zaton, Jupiter and Outskirts
This mod/addon was done by sourcing various mods and editing the textures (and sounds) where necessary. Main goal of this mod is to provide a visual overhaul which evokes certain feel and atmosphere. It tries to be a bit warmer and lighter to avoid an overbearing gray/brown/dark look, yet retaining monochromatic autumn color palette. Great care was taken on editing level (ground) and grass colors to achieve better blending and mixing grass types and colors to provide more variety across the levels. Some places are dry, some are rotten, some are greener and when you move towards the center of the Zone, you might encounter some very bleak vistas.
As of v1.24 Absolute Structures is not a part of this addon anymore. Recommended addon to complement AW: Structures Redux
- Fixed mips in ground texture
- Some new bark textures
- Updated detail textures for SR compatibility
- Made enhanced bumps for some rocks
- Added textures which might get squished in next CoC update
- Next CoC update seems to change the grass distribution in Yantar and screws up the delicate balance, so I did something to remedy that preemptively
Note: Every time you patch this addon, you need to re-install the optional large grass tweaks or you'll get messed up grass on some levels.