An English translation for the largest mod pack for Call of Chernobyl that's out there.
MLR is a mod pack created for version 1.4.22 of Call of Chernobyl by the Russian S.T.A.L.K.E.R. community, featuring new quests, new features, an integrated version of STCoP, and new and revamped content, such as a merge and streamline of the Cordon and Darkscape maps (the latter map is no longer anywhere as large!).
The English translation is still in development and is based on a previous translation made for an older version of MLR in the Last Day mod pack, which some of you may be familiar with. On top of new content, many existing dialogues in Call of Chernobyl have been rewritten in MLR, which will be dealt with at a later time after all new content has been translated.
Any feedback or help with the translation is welcome!
MLR is generally incompatible with anything there are no compatibility patches for. If a file from any other addon conflicts with MLR, it is best not to apply it.
The mod pack is compatible with conflicting files from any graphical add-ons, although some locations have been converted in the SDK, meaning their respective LODs have been edited. If you wish not to see any stretched ZIL trucks on the horizon, do not replace any of MLR's files in the gamedata\levels folder with any files from other graphical add-ons.
To install MLR, download and install these in order:
- MLR - main files
- MLR - translation files, on this page
1.0 - 2018-02-23
Translated (hopefully) everything into English!
- mlr_addon.xml: Fixed missing word
- zone_news_main.xml: Translated entire file (lyrics from Russian songs are left alone and marked with Russian quotation marks « »)
0.7 - 2018-02-20
- mlr_addon.xml: Translated entire file
- mlr_upgrades.xml: Added and translated entire file
- st_dialog_manager.xml: Carried over a few changes from the Russian text files concerning changes in in-game situations
- st_dialogs_bar.xml: Same as above
- st_items_outfit.xml: Switched to British spelling
- zone_news_main.xml: Reordered a few groups of strings, continued translation
- zone_new.script: Reformatted file
- zone_news_main.script: Readjusted script based on new string names
- zone_surge_news.script: Same as above
0.6 - 2018-02-16
- Changed basically everything, translation is about 90% complete
- configs\gameplay\character_desc_mlr.xml: Localized Kashpirovsky's name
0.5.1 - 2018-02-11
- Removed extra file (configs\text\eng\mlr_addon_old.xml) that would overwrite one of the main files
0.5 - 2018-02-11
- dialogs_mlr.xml: Localized and translated reputation messages (configs\text\eng\dialogs_mlr.script)
- lootmoney.xml: Fixed broken space
- mlr_addon.xml: Reformatted entire file into alphabetic order, continued translation
- mlr_characters.xml: Reformatted file, renamed Jurov to Zhurov
- dialogs_mlr.script: Localized and translated reputation messages (configs\text\eng\dialogs_mlr.xml)
- ui_sr_teleport.script: Localized message that appears when attempting to enter another area via an unknown passage (path_unknown in configs\text\eng\mlr_addon.xml)
- zone_news_main.script: Renamed strings, continued translation
- zone_surge_news.script: Renamed strings, continued translation, fixed spaces
0.4 - 2018-02-05
- Localized strings for the PDA network feature; while not yet fully translated, their in-game text is now stored in corresponding .xml files:
- configs\text\eng\mlr_addon.xml: Continued translation and revision
0.3 - 2018-02-04
- configs\text\eng\mlr_addon.xml: Continued translation
- Ammunition in dialogues have been changed to phonetic speech - any thoughts regarding this are appreciated
- Translated lootmoney script
0.2 - 2018-02-02
- configs\text\eng\mlr_addon.xml: Translated additional items and dialogues, revised texts and punctuation
0.1.1 - 2018-02-01
- configs\text\eng\mlr_addon.xml: Revised a few dialogues and adjusted them to fit vanilla Call of Chernobyl, as opposed to Last Day