The superb Dynamic Hud mod created by Smurth for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, is now compatible with Call of Chernobyl, and optionally Arsenal Overhaul, STCoP, OWR and/or Outfit Addon. The goal of this addon is immersion: - No more intrusive HUD (see the "optional" folder for seven variants). - Breathing sounds: you will hear the actor breathing differently according to the kind of situation. - Dynamic visual breath effect. - Bleeding screen edge indicators. - Radiation sound indicators and little visual effects on high radiation levels. - Automatically remove gasmask and/or hide weapon on the usage of medkits, bandage, food, vodka and drugs. - Optional 3D animations when you plant and detonate a C4 charge, use the consumables, loot mutants and also when you get hurt severely. - Optional weapon overheating effects causing a weapon condition to temporarily decrease as the weapon heats up, including a smoke effect if your weapon gets really hot. - Optional weapon's recoil effects.
DON'T GET INTO THE ZONE WITHOUT IT! ;-)
Version 3.2.2 is out!
What is new in the version:
- Restructured: C-4 is no longer default. Old saves using c-4 must add the c-4 option to work.
(this feature is not available when playing with STCoP or OWR due to an incompatibility)
1- Dynamic Hud + animations options integrated into the "Game" menu of Call of Chernobyl, making it perfect to configure the addon in-game.
2- Outstanding 3D animations when you use medkits, bandage, anti-radiation drug, energy drink, hercules, vodka, bread, diet sausage, tourist's breakfast, drug pills, edible mutant parts, loot mutants, plant and detonate C4 charges and also when you get hurt severely. Note: To enjoy 3D animations, make sure that you have selected "full" under "Consumable Animations" option and don't abuse of effects to avoid overlapping when using several items at the same time.
3- Enhanced shot effects, simulating more realistically the recoil of your weapon, selectable (on/off) in the "Game" menu.
4- Weapon overheating effects causing a weapon condition to temporarily decrease as the weapon heats up, also selectable (on/off and the optional HUD bar) in the "Game" menu and including a smoke effect if your weapon gets really hot.
5- Dynamic breath effect that depends not only from stamina but also from your helmet's condition (a highly damaged helmet will not present it, simply fix it to have the effect back).
Copy all the content of "Install Files - Copy ALL the content into CoC dir" folder of this addon into CoC dir (if you want to play with AO, STCoP, OWR and/or OA, they must be already installed, what means that the Dynamic Hud mod has to be installed on top of the other mods) and overwrite files when asked.
Apply the compatibility patch corresponding to the weapon/outfit addons of your choice (please check the options below).
Check the "optional_hud_and_npc" folder of this mod for extra HUD (please check below the preview of all HUDs) and NPC spot options, a patch that will turn the helmet textures off (you will get "everything", sounds, animations, effects, HUD, etc..., except the helmet textures), and also a patch to revert back to the default "helmet textures on".
All optional HUDs feature dynamic bleeding effects, including the "Regular", "Autumn Aurora 2 styled" and "Small HUD Lite" ones.
Check the "optional_conserva_animation_AO_ONLY!" folder of this mod for an optional animation to the tourist's breakfast, exclusive to Arsenal Overhaul users (it is NOT compatible with other weapon mods), and also a patch to revert back to the previous animation.
a) If you want to play only with Arsenal Overhaul, you will need to apply the little compatibility patch, after installing Dynamic Hud mod, that you will find in the mod`s .7z file (patches_compatibility/AO_Compatibility_Patch).
b) If you want to play with Arsenal Overhaul + Outfit Addon, you will need to apply the little compatibility patch, after installing Dynamic Hud mod, that you will find in the mod`s .7z file (patches_compatibility/AO_+_OA_Compatibility_Patch).
c) If you want to play only with STCoP, you will need to apply the little compatibility patch, after installing Dynamic Hud mod, that you will find in the mod`s .7z file (patches_compatibility/STCoP_Compatibility_Patch).
d) If you want to play with STCoP + Outfit Addon, you will need to apply the little compatibility patch, after installing Dynamic Hud mod, that you will find in the mod`s .7z file (patches_compatibility/STCoP_+OA_Compatibility_Patch).
e) If you want to play only with OWR, you will need to apply the little compatibility patch, after installing Dynamic Hud mod, that you will find in the mod`s .7z file (patches_compatibility/OWR_Compatibility_Patch).
f) If you want to play with OWR + Outfit Addon, you will need to apply the little compatibility patch, after installing Dynamic Hud mod, that you will find in the mod`s .7z file (patches_compatibility/OWR_+_AO_Compatibility_Patch).
g) If you want to play only with Outfit Addon, you will need to apply the little compatibility patch, after installing Dynamic Hud mod, that you will find in the mod`s .7z file (patches_compatibility/Vanilla_+_OA_Compatibility_Patch).
h) The 3D animations were adjusted using a FOV of 75° (16:9 widescreen, 1920x1080).
Please report back if you find a bug.
Preview of the HUD options:
No HUD (default)
Ammo and magazine
Ammo, health and stamina bars
Minimap on (can be activated with any of the above options)
Autumn Aurora 2 styled
Small HUD Lite
Autumnal Winds - Moddb.com
Arsenal Overhaul Step Sounds - Old Version - Moddb.com
Call of Chernobyl 5.1 Surround Sound - Moddb.com
Low Crouch & Prone for CoC - Moddb.com
Smurth and other modders that have created the original CoP version (please check the original readme file below, from the CoP version), I have only adapted the mod for Call of Chernobyl under permission from Smurth.
Strelok200, Denis2000 and Johann for all the amazing 3D animations, including models and textures.
Nuor for creating from scratch and rewriting scripts, integrating whatever was necessary to CoC ambient, and for the Weapon Heating mod.
Loner1 for the "Small HUD Lite" and, with the creators of Autumn Aurora 2, for the "Autumn Aurora 2 styled" HUD.
Rulix for the dynamic breath effect, created for Clear Sky.
Alundaio for all help and most specially for inserting the SetTextureColor function in CoC engine, what made the dynamic breath effect possible, and for the outstanding script and .anm files that allowed the "mutant harvesting" animation.
Team Epic for making simply the best mod ever.
- fix animation crash on death with azazeal mode.
- even more fixes for enhanced_animations.script.
- more fixes for enhanced_animations.script.
- put nbc suit back in actor.ltx for OA compatibilty patch.
- fix for enhanced_animations.script
- added OA compatibility patch back.
- added compatibility meshes back.
-further restructuring to remove redundant files.
- cleaned up enhanced_animations.script to avoid no animation showing (Also uploaded alternate version).
- restructured base game so it no longer includes c-4 explosive use option to add c-4
- small changes to wpn_effects.script may help with cpu usage.
- change no_explo option to include 5 different gamedata options to remove c-4 variant
- updated STCop variants to not spawn c-4.
- more smoke location adjustment.
- fix heat progress bar not removed when switch to cool weapon.
- adjust weapon smoke location
- removed now redundant particle.xr, smoke particles included in Coc 1.4.19+
-removed redundant Stcop particles.xr, particlles included in coc 220.127.116.11+
- Fixed unnecessary stash spawn.
-updated for scripts for 1.4.17+ compatibility
- Fixed the possibility that items related to the animations could randomly appear in stashes.
- Fixed the "crazy" icon spawning in the inventory while some animations are active.
- Included mask overlays for the blue and white versions of the ecologist outfit (OA).
- Fixed the "tracers" option in the "Game" menu of the game.
- Fixed the infinite spawning binocs when consuming an item whitout a weapon in the slot.
- Added compatibility with Outfit Addon 1.4.1.
- Added full compatibility with STCoP v4 (trader files and icons).
- Added compatibility with CoC 1.4.15.
- Fixed icons related to Outfit Addon.
- Added the C4 explosive charge feature, including 3D animations.
- Helmets without a gas mask will not be removed while eating, drinking or taking pills.
- Fixed an issue with the blur effect when removing the helmet.
- Fixed an issue when starting a new game.
- Fixed the mask overlay of the "helm_hardhat".
- Added support for Outfit Addon v1.4.
- Fixed the mask overlay for the heavy seva outfit.
- Fixed the 3D animation when harvesting the burer.
- Fixed the mask overlay for "helm_respirator_2" and "helm_protective".
- The visual breath effect was eliminated when using "helm_hardhat".
- Updated the script version in the optional folders "Helmet_Textures_on" and "Helmet_Textures_off".
- Added a new particles.xr to the STCoP compatibility patch folder.
- Added the "mutant harvesting" 3D animation.
- Added the dynamic breath effect.
- Fixed the "no sound" effect for actor's heavy breath when using a helmet.
HUD Reworked and Extras 2.0
This mod is a remake of the original "DynamicHUD" by Rulix.
It also contains a modified version of "DynamicHelmets" by
Mechanic, Shoker, and Antnigm.
Except the hit_effect() and shoot_effect() functions which
contains only minor modifications, everything has been
written from scratch.
The textures used for the helmets/gasmask are based on the
work of FlyingDebris.
Since some people had crashes when trying to merge this
mod with Atmosfear3, I've decided to release it as well.
The mod has been developped and tested on 16/9 screen only,
and the 4/3 version of some files are just copies of the
Feel free to adapt their 16/9 counterpart for 4/3 screen and
contact me to see your name added to the credit list :)
- no more intrusive HUD; only ammunition type is shown
(see "optional" folder for variants)
- breathing sounds: you will hear the actor breathing in
different kind of situations; when he wear a gasmask,
when he's running, when he's getting hit hard, and, of
course, at low stamina levels. I've tried to make the
breathing as natural as possible, including variation
of its speed/volume.
- bleeding screen edge indicators.
- radiation sound indicators and little visual effects
on high radiation levels.
- automaticaly hide weapon and/or remove gasmask on some
item usage, plus other special effects (see below)
- basic medkit usage incapacitates the actor for about 10s.
This is to show you how you can play with item using
effects, but don't abuse of effects to avoid overlapping
when using several item at the same time.
- Weapon's recoil effects.
Notes for modders/scripters:
The actor_effects_data.script file contains three tables:
- "options" which let you tweak the helmet/breath part.
- "wpn_fx" containing data used by the recoil effects.
- "item_fx" containing sequences of action "played" on
The "wpn_fx" table is still a work in progress but you
should be aware that the total recoil amount depends on:
- the ratio (installed cam_dispersion upgrades) / (weapon
Note: the upgrade must have the "prop_recoil" property
and define the "cam_dispersion" value.
- the "impair" ammo coef.
- the player aiming or not. See "k_aim" at the begining of
the wpn_fx table.
IF YOU WANT TO DISABLE THE SHOOT EFFECT, JUST COMMENT OUT
THE CALL TO "ammo_check()" IN THE "update()" FUNCTION
(LINE 34) OF "scripts\actor_effects.script".
I highly recommend to use actor_effects.use_weapon(0) and
actor_effects.use_weapon(1) instead of db.actor:hide_weapon()
and db.actor:restore_weapon(), respectively.
Mechanic, Shoker, Antnigm
Thanks to jketiynu, trojanuch and MacBradley for their
feedback, to Xavier De La Obra for his Voron Mod and
special thanks to Alundaio who gave me some bright advices
about the scripting thing.