Complete repack of Call of Chernobyl version 1.4.12. !IMPORTANT! Please read the description for more details.
For patch notes, click here.
1.4.12 is a new repack of the modification. Please do not try to install it over older versions. It is standalone, please do not install it over Call of Pripyat or any other stalker game.
If you have an existing install of 1.4, delete S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Chernobyl\database directory before overwriting the existing install of CoC with this repack!! This is because about 500+ mb size was cut from textures, meaning there are four textures.db# instead of five. Overwriting without deletion will cause the engine to load that older 5th texture db file.
This repack contains many texture optimizations and *.thm fixes over 1.4. This is the main reason for this repack. Since textures *.db use over 2GB, it made more sense to just repack the modification rather than having a 2GB sized cumulative patch.
You need Visual C++ Redist 2013 x86, if game fails to launch due to missing msvcr120.dll
You need DirectX End-User Runtimes 2010.
- First, realize the Call of Chernobyl is a standalone modification but it requires that you have a valid S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat installation on your PC enable to run it.
- Call of Chernobyl no longer comes as an installer. The entire modification comes in a 7-zip archive. Make sure to update your 7-zip as older version of 7-zip will corrupt the archives.
- Extract S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl.7z to a known location. If your Windows user account does not have administration privileges it is recommended you do not install into the program files directories on your C: drive.
- Create a shortcut to the launcher, Stalker-CoC.exe. If you do not know how to create a shortcut, click here.
Please, read this.
- Call of Chernobyl 1.4.12 is not compatible with any addons made for older versions.
- Absolutely make certain that the addons you are using are specifically made for Call of Chernobyl 1.4.12 version or above.
- It is the responsibility of the addon creators to tell you how to install their addon and in what order.
- It is the responsibility of the addon creators to update their addons to the lastest 1.4 version. Older addons may be removed, especially if it is unclear to the users what version their addon is compatible for.
Resources for Modders:
- AXR Toolset is made available open source to everyone. It has many tools and features that aided in the development of Call of Chernobyl. It has a GUI-based database unpacker/repacker, LTX editing tools and other things that any modder might find handy.
- a new shortcut command line option has been added, pass -no_bump_mode1 to skip the loading of _bump#.dds textures for reduced VRAM usage at the cost of reduced bump map detail. Generally this is for people who have crap PCs.