009 Beta 2 has been released. !!! CLICK ON "Read more..." TO SEE THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS !!!
Extract Contra009Beta2.rar. Copy all contents of the extracted folder to your Zero Hour directory. To play the mod, open "Contra Launcher.exe".
You will find startup options such as music, language, unit voices, etc. Decide your preferences and click "Launch".
Contra will auto-detach itself from Zero Hour on exit, so that you can launch original Zero Hour or any other mod.
Manual installation instructions for those having problems with launcher:
I want to emphasize that for these steps you MUST NOT use the Contra Launcher. Many people don't read carefully and fail to install the mod.
1. Put all files from Contra009Beta2 into your Zero Hour folder (NOT the one in My Documents).
2. Rename !Contra009Beta2.ctr to !Contra009Beta2.big.
3. Rename !Contra009Beta2EN.ctr to !Contra009Beta2EN.big OR rename !Contra009Beta2RU.ctr to !Contra009Beta2RU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra009Beta2VOrig.ctr to !Contra009Beta2VOrig.big OR rename !Contra009Beta2VLoc.ctr to !Contra009Beta2VLoc.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra009Beta2MNew.ctr to !Contra009Beta2MNew.big OR rename !Contra009Beta2MStandard.ctr to !Contra009Beta2MStandard.big if you want vanilla soundtracks.
6. Rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
7. Start the game from generals.exe (NOT Contra Launcher.exe)!
Zero Hour version 1.04 is required!
Delete any previous Contra version before attempting to play Beta 2.
Contra works in conjunction with mods that come with a launcher such as ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, Cold War Crisis, Vietnam Glory Obscured, Generals: Enhanced and others.