Code patch, tweak tool and the Unified Texture Pack. First release, 1.2.0.
- It's recommended to reboot before installation, especially for the full edition
- It's also recommended to disable the virus checker during installation
- Steam users should read Additional notes below
- After installation, run the original game once and select your preferred resolution in the Options screen. (The patched game uses a private setting for the resolution)
- Run the VisibleTweaker tool for setting up tweaks and the UTP. Screenshot showing the various UTP options can be found here
The installer will set up a start menu group with shortcuts to the readmes, the options folder etc. By default it will also create two icons on your desktop: A light blue icon for the patched game and a red version for the VisibleTweaker tool.
The patch has its own configuration file, VisibleOptions.ini. Normally this should be changed only through the tweak tool, but for advanced options manual editing is necessary. In that case it can be found through the Visible Upgrade start menu group (in Local Folders).
The patch expects an original game installation, the original DX2UI.ini in particular. Existing tweaks may or may not be compatible. If a legacy FOV tool has been used, undo the changes or reinstall. If in doubt - reinstall.
For the US retail version the official 1.2 patch should be installed before installing the VU.
Steam users should leave the "keep the unpatched game available" option unchecked, to keep the overlay working. After installation, disable updates for the game and refrain from doing game cache validation, because it would remove the patch. Be sure to run the game once prior to installation, otherwise the game's registry values may not be set.