For Steam version of Half-Life only! *Crawls out of smoking crater in tattered clothing and presents the game with a cut-up hand* "Here it is, my friends...Ugggh." *Promptly passes out* It's complete! Grab the booze, turn out the light, hallelujah, my Half-Ratters, it's out! For Steam. BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE DAY-ONE PATCH OR YOU'RE DONE!
If you've already downloaded HR:P, do it again - because the complete, one-stop version is here for Steam! If not, then you're golden!
July, 1883. Half-Rats is, as he usually seems to be; down on his luck and fretting for the future. One fateful night, he carelessly decides to drown his sorrows with strong libations - and he runs up a tab at a pub he knows he can't pay...Remarkably; Instead of a reproachful speech and course removal, he is instead told a tale he can hardly believe. A tale involving great riches, but even greater peril. If he was not so desperate, he wouldn't conceive of embarking on what could be a wild goose chase to locate a forgotten and virtually unknown town. Half-Rats' doubts were abated somewhat when the publican shews his utmost sincerity - albeit in a strange and effusive manner - and draws him a rude map.
"Thank the lord, for he smote that place from the Earth in '81. We lived, but most met their destruction the night that liberating conflagration visited freedom upon us. We're the last of 'em...There was a vault in the bank, large sums of money would have been stole away there, safe. We vowed never to go back, to keep that place a dread secret until tonight."
The seemingly mythical town in question is referred to as "Eminence". With no other hope to speak of, and fearing that this may be treachery after all; Half-Rats is still compelled to begin this peregrination to his "El Dorado" with weapons at the ready. But he'll find much more than gold and banknotes before his journey is through. He'll find a living, livid hell to contend with.
Though there will be plenty of action, Half-Rats: Parasomnia will be heavily narrative-driven.
- 24 brand new maps. Featuring several environments.
- Inventory items you can carry with you and use. Each with its own effects. you can carry up to 9 of each item on the planet.
- Lantern that requires oil to function.
- Monetary system. You can pick up cash and valuable objects in order to purchase items at stores.
- Some enemies can duck and jump - they are certainly not vertically challenged. Watch your ass!
- 21 brand-new enemies to contend with - Many with their own abilities and fighting styles.
- Mixed enemies that each utilize their abilities in a squad setting to take you down - including patrols.
- 6 new period weapons.
- "Kicking" enemies and "Blocking" attacks during melee combat.
- "Half-Cat Cheroots" combat companion.
- Over 600 brand-new textures from scratch.
- New sounds!
- New music provided by my solo act, "Ague". www.facebook.com/agueforyou
Half-Rats – A somewhat educated gentleman who fell from grace long ago, but still retains a singular social fluidity and still holds fast to the moral compass of his upbringing, and has been known to rub shoulders with bad company, while also fraternizing with the upper class when he can – where some regard his kinship as a novelty at times. Likes his whiskey. He has a certain amount of mettle, and tends to show levity as a means of dealing with dire situations. He had heard the rumors of Eminence back in Detroit, and decided to embark on an adventure!
M1860 Cavalry Saber
.45 Colt SAA
Double-Barreled 12GA Coach Gun
Meat Pie (Health)
Dried Meat (Health, Armor, Damage Boost)
Cocaine Lozenge (Temporary Invulnerability)
Whale Oil (Lantern)
Beasts of Decay
Boss (Four (4) Freakin' Bosses, man!)
Powered by the Goldsource engine!
Heath Games is:
Half-Rats - Project Lead, 2D Art, 3D Art, Concept Art, Level Design, Writer, SFX and Music
ThanosHLD - Mapping, Writing Help, Level Design
Shepard - Coding Lead, Conversion, Cleanup
OsirisGodoftheDead - Coding, Design Help
CliffyV - Animator
Devan Miller - Resident VA
Netoxy - Modeling/Animation