A mysterious stranger arrives in Dantris Town, nestled at the heart of a lush mountain valley. Moving with the sole purpose of acquiring an elusive relic, the stranger agrees to investigate a string of disappearances in exchange for the artifact. When the mission ventures into the heart of an ancient hidden fortress, it soon becomes clear that there is much more to this quiet valley than meets the eye. Quick wits and a competent blade will be needed to keep the would-be hero from joining the list of the vanished. (Manta's Pulse is a single-player adventure for Neverwinter Nights 2. No expansion packs are needed to play the module) (NOTE: It is recommended that you bring in a level 1 character, as PC's higher than level 1 will be automatically set to 1, with the default package for his/her class. Items and gear cannot be brought in.)
4/14/2009 - Version 1.02 update notes:
- Fixed potential show-stopping issues that can occur during the battle with Holston and the final battle.
- Fixed an uncommon issue that occurred when the prisoners were set free after finding Holston's Journal.
- The module now resets the PC level to 1 only if it enters as level 2 or higher.
- Spellcaster gear added to general store, Smithy now carries glowing shields.
- Druids and Rangers now have an additional working option for calming the bear down.
- The secret Redemption quest chain is now easier to get to. Player is no longer required to befriend the dryad during the first quest to unlock it, needing only to speak to the man in the Temple after acquiring Hoston's Journal.
- Special thanks to the moddb.com and nwvault.com communities for all the great feedback!