Matrixed_Reality PuPu Edition v2.2 is a Max Payne Modification that mixes the Matrixed Reality mod with the Kung Fu 3 mod, and adds the Lobby Shootout and Chateau Hall levels. The Matrix Upgraded and Matrixed Fiction, both use this mod as a base for their complitiations, so this mod has had strong influences on Max Payne modding for good reasons.
MATRIXED REALITY (Pupu Edition) v2.2
by WGC a.k.a. PUPU
If you downloaded this in exe format, then follow the installation procedure below. If you downloaded this as mpm, you're lucky because there are still good samaritans around! This mod was made to give the most complete and best feel of the movie, Matrix. I only patched Matrixed Reality Addon_R5 with Kungfu 3.0 and added some stuff. I am not the one who made the animations, the skins, nor the levels.
- matrix reloaded Chateau level
- authentic lobby shootout level
- matrix dojo level
- the construct from the movie used as an interactive level-selector
- 31 weapons (including katana, crossbow, flamethrower, minigun/gatling gun and (my) psych :D )
- kungfu 3.0
- matrix shootdodge
- more agile normal shootdodge dodge (1 of the 2 shootdodges for 2-hand-shooting weapons), character is now able to shootdodge over low obstacles such as cars and sofas/benches
- pump/superjump and super longjump
- super walljump and super wallrun
shoot button = quick jabs
running forward + shootdodge = flying side kick
running forward/right + shootdodge = outside jumping spin kick
running forward/left + shootdodge = inside jumping spin kick
standing tap forward + shootdodge = front snap kicks
standing tap forward/right + shootdodge = outside spin kick
standing tap forward/left + shootdodge = roundhouse kicks
forward + jump against wall = wall jump
forward/right + jump against wall = right wall run
forward/left + jump against wall = left wall run
level4 + reload = take down
1-hand-shooting weapon or kungfu/katana/psych + jump = pump/super jump
1-hand-shooting weapon or kungfu/katana/psych + standing tap forward + jump = super long jump
1-hand-shooting weapon or kungfu/katana/psych + standing tap forward + jump against wall = super wall jump
1-hand-shooting weapon or kungfu/katana/psych + standing tap forward/right + jump against wall = super right wall run
1-hand-shooting weapon or kungfu/katana/psych + standing tap forward/left + jump against wall = super left wall run
- uses the default cheat codes
- new weapon cheats -> just type get?
*** replace ? with the name of the weapon
1) PC requirements to play Max Payne
2) Original Max Payne cd (because you need rasmaker.exe) + latest patch
3) mraddon_r5.mpm (also known as Matrixed Reality ADDON_r5 or Matrixed Reality-Lobby Edition), download it at Maxpayneheadquarters.com
4) KungFu_30.mpm, download it at Kungfu.maxpayneheadquarters.com
5) chateau-v1x.mpm, download it at Kungfu.maxpayneheadquarters.com
1) Extract mraddon_r5.mpm (also known as Matrixed Reality ADDON_r5 or Matrixed Reality-Lobby Edition) with rasmaker.exe.
2) Extract KungFu_30.mpm with rasmaker.exe to the same folder where you extracted mraddon_r5.mpm.
3) Extract chateau-v1x.mpm (The ChÃ¢teau 1.1) with rasmaker.exe to the same folder where you extracted mraddon_r5.mpm and KungFu_30.mpm.
4) Extract Pupu.exe to the "data" folder (without quotes) containing the extracted files from the 3 mods. Overwrite all files.
5) Archive/compress the "data" folder (without quotes) using rasmaker.exe after performing steps 1-4.
6) Move the resulting mpm file to your Max Payne installation folder.
7) Optional: Put the downloaded Matrix.avi to the "movies" folder (without quotes) inside the Max Payne installation Folder.
8) Make sure you have patched Max Payne to version 1.05 or higher before playing, otherwise the game might crash.
*** Not compatible with previous saved games
The intro video was made using divx 5.02. So that means, you need to download and install it before you will be able to see the intro. Get it at Divx.com
Known Bugs and Error:
1) When playing the authentic lobby shootout, do not use kungfu or the stick when you attack the guards at the entrance. This will cause all the cops coming out from their hideout to just stand in their post for a few seconds without doing anything.
2) There are random times when a few cops in the authentic lobby shootout just stand in their post for a few seconds without doing anything.
3) After doing the matrixed forward shootdodge, Neo lands backward then "magically" turns 180 degrees. This is because the animation of the matrixed forward shootdodge was made this way. I am not responsible for this because I am not the one who made the animation.
4) Few bugs from kungfu 3.0
Ken_Y - for finishing the much awaited and most acclaimed of all the mods for Max Payne, kungfu 3.0
theHunted' - for the great Chateau level
Dex - for putting together Matrixed Reality Addon_R5
MasterFusion and his crew - for creating Matrixed Reality
Kemical - for making the Authentic Lobby Shootout
Hitman Mod - for the ARM and flamethrower
True Matrix Mod - for the minigun
Maddieman - for the katana
Lightsaber Mod - for the force codes
PittHockey86 - mpm uploads
Warner Bros. - for the Matrix movie intro
***Although fully tested, this mod for Max Payne is provided as is and without any warranty. Use it at your own risk. I am not responsible for any misuse you do with it.
***This is a FREEWARE. It should not be used for any commercial purposes.***