Official version of Mayhem. Please read the full instructions.
It's highly recommended to install Mayhem on a fresh install. Mayhem is made of more than 200 scripts and overwrites many script from vanilla and Litcube's Universe. To do that, copy the whole X3 folder into a new location. Make sure it's in English, and that you don't have the Bonus Package installed. If your copy is from Steam, use the no-steam exe file.
- Install Litcube's Universe, and patch it to 1.7.2. Also install the E/I package.
- Copy the content of this archive into your ...\x3 folder and overwrite LU files. Do not copy into your addon folder.
- Rename both "...\x3\addon\Mayhem - Rename Me.cat/.dat" files to the highest number after your current .cats/.dats (fake patch method). By default, it's 10. So you would have one named 10.cat file, and another one named 10.dat.
- Install the soundtrack for the new sectors into your ...\x3\soundtrack existing directory. All musics are royalty-free, from Free Music Archive.
- Install the Export/Import module inside your ...\x3 folder.
- Copy the content of the archive into your ...\x3 folder and overwrite all files. Do not copy into your addon folder.
- Replace both "...\x3\addon\Mayhem - Rename Me.cat/.dat" files with the previous numbered files. The number must be the same. By default, it's 10.
- Read the special instructions displayed in the changelog.
Export / Import
- Read the instructions on the Export/Import module page.
Need any help? Please take a moment to read the documentation that you can find in the in-game encyclopedia. There's also a brief tutorial at the beginning of the Normal gamestart.
The mod being based on Litcube's Universe, I strongly recommend you to read the official wiki.
- The Export/Import feature of LU is compatible with Mayhem, and available as a separate download. Just like LU's E/I.
- Mayhem removes Phanon and Revelation (OCV).
- IEX is incompatible.
- X-Missions Reloaded is incompatible.
- Bounty Board is compatible and is no longer a part of Mayhem. (special instruction: keep the Cmd.BailMaybe.xml script from Mayhem). I do not recommend using this mod with Mayhem (imbalanced).
- Internal Distribution Network is compatible.
- MK3 Improvement Reloaded Reloaded is already included in Mayhem, thanks to gnasirator and Raaaak.
- Satellites Monitoring is already included in Mayhem (modified version).
- ADS - Joubarbian Edition for carriers management.
- The Joubarbian Toolkit for various quality of life stuff.
Please provide a savegame if you can, and give as many details as you can. Remember that to fix a bug, I have to reproduce it. Report all your bugs on the Mayhem thread.
- You can customize a lot of gameplay values by simply editing two files inside the addon\t folder. The files are named "7325-L044.xml" and "9972-L044.xml".
- Read more about gameplay customization here (outdated but still has good information).