The archived installer for the last MERP release for Oblivion. Click 'Read More' for installation instructions:
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Shivering Isles
- The latest 1.2.0416 patch installed (If you have installed Shivering Isles then you won't have to download and install the patch)
- Download this file and extract it's contents, then run MERP 0.2.6.exe.
- The installer provides two installation options: Either let the installer copy the core files of your current Oblivion installation to make a separate standalone MERP installation (recommended for most people) or install in an existing Oblivion installation (which has to be 'clean', i.e. without any mods installed, especially no old MERP content, or problems will arise). Install MERP 0.2.6 using "MERP 0.2.6.exe" with the desired option.
- Download NTCore's 4 Gb patch and patch Oblivion.exe. If your intentions are to mod MERP as well, you need to patch the Construction Set and any tools you use, but never OBSE. For TESGecko you need the heap setting 1536.
- Run the MERP Launcher and set the graphics settings appropriately to your computer.
- Launch MERP and start a new game!
Check our list of recommended mods to further enhance your MERP experience. To install them read the mod's own installation instruction.
Once you have installed a new additional mod, ensure that the load order looks like the following. For that you can use the Launcher's internal Data Files option or download the Oblivion Mod Manager.
- Oblivion.esm *
- MiddleEarth.esm *
- Eriador.esp *
- Rohan.esp *
- Rhovanion.esp *
- Gondor.esp *
- Fellowship.esp *
- ...any other plugins...
(* These files must not be separated from each other or loaded in a different order)
The installations already contains all essential files like OBSE and Pluggy that are needed to run the mod.
Regions to explore include:
Shire, Blue Mountains, Harlindon, Arnor, Mirkwood, ...
Cities to visit, among others:
Minas Tirith, Moria, Hobbiton, Michel Delving, Barad Dur, Isengard, Minas Morgul, ...
To get around quickly in Middle-Earth, you can use the console: Open the console [~] and type "cow MiddleEarth -18,37" (without quotes) to get to Bree. For more locations see the List of Coordinates at our forum.
Run the MERP Launcher and choose the Unistall uption from the menu.
We recommend to have no other mods in your MERP installation (except for recommended ones).
MERP is planned as a Total-Conversion. That means that there will likely be incompatibilities with other mods. Primarily, it may be incompatible with other mods that add a new worldspace. Theoretically, that means that they should not be activated at the same time as the ground could potentially disappear depending on load order, this is an engine issue and cannot be prevented.
Known Issues or Bugs
If you encounter any bug that isn't explained due to the mod's beta stage, please write a comment or send us a message.
If you have questions or wish to contribute, you can always contact us at a number of places:
- MERP Forum
- Official The Elder Scrolls Forum
- And of course you can leave a comment or send us a message here on ModDB.
0.2.6: 06/02/2012 - Last Oblivion beta.
0.2.4a: 26/06/2010 - Patch files with temp. regional map
0.2.4: 31/01/2010 - More regions added, as well as some models.
0.2.2: 23/03/2009 - Initial release.
J.R.R. Tolkien for the most amazing fantasy world known to man.
A big thanks you to all authors who granted us permission to use theír great work and of course all past developers of the MERPTeam as well.
A full list of our contributors can be found in the Permissions and Credits tab.
You must contact us and obtain our permission before re-packaging any part of this mod. You can do that at our forums.
No assets from this mod can be reused until release 1.0.0, except for third party work which can be at the author's discretion.