This package aims to address the deficiencies of Native random battle scenes, namely: unrealistic terrain, small maps, unpassable mountains, unpassable rivers, bad and small forests, ugly flora etc. Important: Not save game compatible. You'll need to start anew. Hotfix released. Please redownload and replace the .sco files in the SceneObj folder.
Improved Battle Scenes
What to expect:
The pack contains a big number of manually generated scenes with carefully chosen terrain types, hill height, size, flora and river placement. All the scenes are maximum sized, on 2-meter polygons. It includes the following scene types:
1. 25 plains scenes (out of which 5 are river scenes);
2. 10 mountain scenes (assumed by the game as plain scenes, for now). The terrain is practical for both infantry and cavalry, and the annoying factor is definitively removed;
3. 10 plains forest scenes (requires an entry level computer to run well);
4. 11 steppe scenes (wanted 10, but I'm bad at maths);
5. 5 steppe forest scenes;
6. 11 snow scenes (11, because reasons);
7. 5 snow forest scenes;
8. 10 desert scenes;
9. 5 desert forest scenes.
Since the number of scenes is very big, it will be hard for them to get old. In my tests, it's almost as having a better random terrain generator.
Please follow the installation instructions provided in the download link.