The Network Addon Mod (NAM) combines all transportation network-related fixes, additions and new creations that have been released so far. It will add countless new features to the existing network tools, such as new overpasses, highway onramps, intersections, ped-malls, a ground light rail network, roundabouts and turning lanes. This is the standard release version of the 36th edition of the NAM, NAM 36, for the Windows platform. Click "More" for installation details and a list of new features.
To install NAM 36, run the enclosed file "NetworkAddonMod Setup 36.exe", and follow the instructions. More details are in the enclosed "read-first-nam36.html" file.
DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, UNINSTALL YOUR PREVIOUS NAM VERSION if you are an existing NAM user. The NAM installer can detect your previous installation options by reading the folder, and as such, it is safe (and recommended) to install NAM 36 on top of your old version. If you remove the previous install, however, you may not remember exactly which options you had selected, which could potentially cause issues in your cities.
The official support forum for NAM 36 is located at SimCity 4 Devotion, where the NAM Team is most active. You can find it here.
NAM Version 36 requires a retail disc or digital download copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe, updated to at least 1.1.638 (the version number for disc copies, with the EP1 patch applied--most retail digital download copies are pre-patched to Version 1.1.641).
Note that the Origin retail digital copy of the game is not compatible with the NAM, due to that service's decision to sell unpatched and unpatchable copies of the game. For more details, see SimTarkus.
New features in Version 36--September 13, 2017
- New FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) feature added, providing a more intuitive and flexible alternative to the old Turn Lane Extension Pieces (TuLEPs, now deprecated).
- Draggable Elevated RealRailway (RRW) viaducts added at L1 (7.5 meter) and L2 (15 meter) heights.
- One-Way Road Signalized Intersection and Turn Arrow Project (SITAP) expanded to cover intersections with FLEX Turn Lanes and Road-based multi-tile NWM networks.
- Street Addon Mod (SAM) Set 11 - IndustrieSAM by mgb204 added, providing a new, industrial-style Street texture.
- Draggable Wide-Radius Curve functionality added to all applicable Street Addon Mod (SAM) override networks.
- RealRailway (RRW) FlexTrack functionality expanded to cover additional setups.
- R5 radius Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) added to the Road network.
- Diagonal FLEX On-Slope Transitions added to the RHW, supporting 1 and 2-level transitions for the RHW-2, RHW-4, and MIS networks.
- R4 and R5 radii Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) added to the RealHighway (RHW) system, with support for the L0 RHW-2, L0 RHW-4, and L0 RHW-6S netwoks. Overlap ability also added to the ground-level R2 curves for the RHW, allowing for smoother loop ramps.
- Diagonal MIS Connection support added to the One-Way Road Roundabouts.
- Texture glitch fixed with the Euro version of the L1-L4 RHW-6S Type A2 FLEXRamps/DRIs.
- Minor pathing fix to improve zone access on the TLA-7 network in the Network Widening Mod (NWM).
- The compression scheme on the NAM Installer has been changed, making it such that the external 7-Zip SFX layer surrounding it is no longer needed.
- New edition of the NAM documentation started, marking a return to the HTML format used prior to the NAM 31.x releases of 2013. Please note that due to the incredible scope of the mod, and the amount of time to adequately document features, that some sections may remain in an incomplete state.
Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 13 1/2 years the mod has existed.