English Patch for 风云三国 2.76 (ROTK) (85%) (Update 05-12-17)
I got annoyed playing the mod with nonsense npc names, place names, and item names, so I started translating the Chinese text into English.
Installation: As usual, just move it into to your FYSG/ROTK folder, replacing the default ones there. This mod/translation set works with Warband version 1.172, but the mod was meant for 1.158. so it should work there too.
Since the last update, I have changed the translation structure so it fits neatly into the usual languages folder (.csv files). However, game_strings.csv is not complete, so you still need to replace strings.txt in the FYSG folder. Other text files (from v0.88) provide a backup in case the .csv translations do not activate.
...and other txt files.
I make one last update when I have time, I guess.
- Quest descriptions updated, however it seems you'd need a new save game to actually see it. Most other changes are save-game compatible.
- All quest dialogue complete.
- All items translated properly.
- All your denars are gone! Replaced with silvers.
- Some faction names changed.
- Game menu terminology changed.
- Some units renamed.
- NPC Backstory: Hero "Zhang Zhong Jing" still the only one with full translated backstory.
Tips from the Friendly Merchant:
"The last time I met Sir Shuijing he was at Shuixiang, you could go there to try your luck."
"There is a famous physician in Eastern Wu who needs your help!"
Game Start Options:
Chaos of the Heroes (Roughly Year 200). Liu Bei replaces Liu Zhang in Yi Province, Dong Zhuo is still alive for some reason.
Factions: Cao Cao, Yuan Shao, Liu Biao, Sun Jian, Dong Zhuo, Liu Bei
Coalition against Dong Zhuo (Year 190). The Warlords' Coalition against Dong Zhuo.
Factions: Cao Cao, Yuan Shao, Liu Biao, Sun Jian, Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, Liu Yan, Tao Qian, Kong Rong, Yuan Shu, Ma Teng, Liu Bei (with a single castle and village)