English Patch for 风云三国 2.76 (ROTK) (Partial) (Update 22-09-17)
I got annoyed playing the mod with nonsense npc names, place names, and item names, so I started translating the Chinese text into English.
Installation: As usual, just move it into to your FYSG/ROTK folder, replacing the default ones there. This mod/translation set works with Warband version 1.172, but the mod was meant for 1.158. so it should work there too.
(Complete/OK): factions.txt, menus.txt, parties.txt, troops.txt, party_templates.txt, info_pages.txt
(Partial/Future_change_savegame_compatable): conversation.txt, item_kinds1.txt, strings.txt
With quests.txt, I have made minor changes.
I will make some more updates when I have time, I guess.
- Updated a bit of everything, highlights below:
- Quest descriptions updated, however it seems you'd need a new save game to actually see it. Most other changes are save-game compatible.
- Quests up to and including Master Shuijing have the full translated dialogue now.
- Various changes in terminology. E.g. Calradia to "Central Plains", "Han Dynasty", or "world under heaven", depending on context.
- NPC Backstory preview: Hero "Zhang Zhong Jing" now has full translated backstory.
- And finally, hairties/hairbuns (and other assorted items) now have proper names!
Tips from the Friendly Merchant:
"The last time I met [Sir Shuijing] he was at Shuixiang, you could go there to ask."