A new version with bots, new maps (kinda), and more I guess. Note that this is a very in-alpha version. VERY. As such, not all the features that will be in the first actual release (1.0) will be in here, and EVERYTHING is either placeholder or subject to change. THIS MOD REQUIRES SOURCE 2013 MULTIPLAYER UNDER THE "beta_test" VERSION. IT ALSO MAY REQUIRE HL2:DM BUT I'M NOT SURE.
THANKS FOR TRYING OUT THIS CRAPPY MOD
Note that this is a very in-alpha version. VERY.
As such, not all the features that will be in the first actual release (1.0) will be in here, and EVERYTHING is either placeholder or subject to change.
THIS MOD REQUIRES SOURCE 2013 MULTIPLAYER UNDER THE "beta_test" VERSION. IT ALSO MAY REQUIRE HL2:DM BUT I'M NOT SURE.
- Added full HDR. I toned it down a bit so it isn't eye-rapingly bright, but it might be too dark. Sorry.
- Removed the antlion burrows. They weren't clipping right and you could get stuck in them.
Added basic bots.
- They aren't like CS:S bots. At all. They're retarded. But hey, at least you can test out the weapons now.
- It's a joke map that I discovered by making the HDR exposure scale 0.01. Everything's dark. That's the gimick. Enjoy.
Added Fifty-Cal Pistol
I'll probably make it into something more unique later, but right now it's a powerful, slow USP pistol. I'm thinking of making it that double-barrel 1911 but who knows?
Some other things I changed/added:
You can only spawn with certain weapons depending on what team you're on. Rebel weapons tend to be faster and have more resources while Combine weapons hit harder and more accurately.
A loadout system. Change it with skm_loadout. It's a three-number code:
- For the first two numbers (primary and secondary respectively) you can choose 0 for nothing (it doesn't work the way it's supposed to tho), 1 for a mid-ranged weapon (your SMG and Pulse Rifle), 2 for a short-ranged weapon (le shotgun), and 3 for a long-ranged weapon (your crossbow and sniper rifle). The second number also has 4 for grenades. The first number's weapon gets half reserve ammo, and the second number's weapons have no reserve ammo at all (except for grenades).
- The third number (backup weapon) works like this: 0 is nothing (again, it doesn't work the way it's supposed to), 1 is melee, 2 is a low-powered gun (the pistols) and 3 is a high-powered gun (the magnum).
You can zoom with the magnum. It's less than the crossbow or sniper rifle's zoom, but it's something.
Added regenerating health.
- It by default only regenerates to 20hp intervals (20, 40, 60, 80, 100), but you can change it and instead give a single limit point (like 50hp) or just do no limits.
- You can also change how fast you regen and how long you have to not get hurt in order to start regen. It's very customizable.
NEW WEAPONS OH GORSH
- Auto Pistol for Rebels. Less damage, but fast automatic fire with 21 bullets in clip and more in reserve than the Semi.
- Pulse Shotgun for Combine. The vanilla shotgun pretty much but OOO AR2 EFFECT WOAH
- The Rebel Shotgun has 8 in the tube instead of 6 and more in reserve than the Pulse, is automatic.
- Sniper Rifle for Combine. It currently has the same damage and model as the Crossbow but OOO HITSCAN WOAH (it also has a broken beam so don't use it)
A new hud. It's pink. Shaddap.
- It's more centered than the vanilla hud, meaning it takes your eyeballs less work to get the info you need. Gotta give those visual organs a break.
- A multiplayer advanced menu where you can adjust your viewmodel and also edit the loadout code without using the dirty, dirty console
More will be added in later versions.
HOW TO INSTALL:
Find where Steam is installed, usually "C:\Program Files (x86) [on 64-bit, on 32-bit it's just Program Files] \Steam".
Go into "SteamApps\sourcemods" and put the "skirmish" folder in this ZIP in there.
Hope you have fun. Report any problems to firstname.lastname@example.org or Lonk Chase#9179 in Discord.