The Renaissance Pike and Shot submod for SSHIP (Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project)
This submod for SSHIP (itself a submod of Stainless Steel for M2TW) provides new textures, skins, and unit officers for late-period pike-and-shot era units of the late 15th and early 16th centuries. Although the colors and military standards used are not entirely historically accurate, this can be enhanced with further submods and releases. The new material is taken entirely from The Italian Wars mod for M2TW.
Furthermore, although changes have been made to the export_descr_unit file, the mod should be entirely save-game compatible with your current SSHIP campaign!
1) Download the "SSHIP Renaissance Pike and Shot Submod" .rar file
2) Locate and open the .rar file on your computer with 7zip, WinRar, or any other software program allowing you to unzip files
3) Direct the file to the "SS6.3" folder, which should be placed within the "mods" folder of your main "Medieval II Total War" folder.
4) It should ask you to overwrite files. Simply click yes. If it did not ask you to overwrite files, that means you did something wrong!
5) Enjoy the newly-skinned units and officers!
Permission to use material from the Italian Wars mod: Twcenter.net