This is a compilation of changes made mostly to suit my play style, and that I feel makes for a fairer and more rewarding experience overall.
Latest version: 2.1.1
STCoM Weapon Pack + Outfit Addon REQUIRED, both addons are available right here on ModDB.
New game NOT required for those of you already using STCoM + OA or version 1.8+ of my mod*.
Save-friendly, you can uninstall anytime if you are unhappy with the changes. However, make sure you don't have any pending quests for patches and if so, complete them to avoid any issues.
* Users of versions 1.7 and older will require to start a new game as the items added by Axebeard's Modpack are no longer present. If you're bent on keeping your saves however, you can try to merge the files that conflict or carefully install those that do not.
Full Concept MODIFICATION for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.® Call of MISERY™
Initially a small bunch of edits I made as I played Call of Misery to suit my play style, it has now become quite the tweak compilation and it's only getting bigger from here on. I'm well aware the changes will not be for everyone as they tone down the difficulty a bit, but I feel they make for a fairer experience overall as many design choices of the original mod were especially thought for Call of Pripyat's gameplay flow, which took part in just a few areas. Now, with Call of Chernobyl's greatly expanded game world and mechanics, some aspects clearly need to be reevaluated but without forgetting the essence of the Misery experience.
All in all, this mod contains the following:
- Fixes: corrects certain oversights, such as inconsistencies in artifact stats and other small stuff.
- Balance tweaks: stamina values, item weights, artifacts and many other gameplay aspects have been carefully revised.
- New features: quests to deliver faction patches, mechanics buying weapons, multi-cooking and more.
I'll be using filenames to be more precise:
- Call of Misery 1.0 fix2
- Call of Misery 1.0d vs STCoP WP
- This mod
[OPTIONAL] (See readme for more information)
- Balanced AUTisM
- Easier Achievements
- Eyesight tweak
- Headbob tweaks
- Immersive field dressing
- Loot 2.0
- Movement speed tweak
- PDA sound restoration
Use JSGME for easy mod activation/deactivation, I really can't stress this enough.
Lastly, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
- The teams of Call of Chernobyl and Call of Misery for their amazing work.
- axebeardbeardaxe for his interesting modpack.
- v1ld for some of his cool tweaks.
- The author of AUTisM, Wafel, for his mod.