DoctorX Dynamic Faction Relations improved for Call of Misery.
Modified version of DRX Dynamic Faction Relations 1.3 (1.4.16), based on Kahvana version which does:
- add the translations (eng, rus) from 1.8 (1.4.22)
- changes the values from game_relations to match those from 1.8 (1.4.22)
Changed it further:
- edited very slightly values from game_relations for killing goodwill change.
- removed random faction goodwill/relation reset to 0 when relation value is > 5000 or < -5000. Instead of reset, values now can be randomly divided either by 2 or 3 to not reach too high or too low values.
- completly changed how relations are changed by the script, read further...
In original DRX Faction Relations for CoC, killing npc changes relation for all the factions no matter how far members of these factions are. I've redesigned it to slow down the gameplay and to make game little harder. Relations do only change now in script when there is npc of certain faction within 900 meters of killed npc. For instance:
1. loner kills bandit
2. if other bandit is nearby then relation/goodwill between bandits and loners is worsen
3. if mercs are friends of bandits and is merc nearby then relation between mercs and loners is worsen
4. if military is enemy of bandits and is military nearby then relation between military and loners gets better
5. if duty are friends of bandits and no duty npc is nearby then nothing changes between loner and duty
7. if clear sky are enemies of bandits and there is no clear sky nearby then nothing changes too
Changes does count for both npc and the player. Remember that besides this script game does change relations by itself (for the player). For example when player kills npc from same faction, friend or neutral then relation do change towards the player character. Script only does handle how relations between factions change.
This script (together with Kahvana version) also enables possibility to ask friendly npc to form the group with the player. Something what exists in original CoC and I couldn't spot it while playing CoM.
If the game crashes, send me the log (com > appdata > logs) with any additional info.
DoctorX Dynamic Faction Relations 1.8
DRX Dynamic Faction Relations 1.8 (CoM by Kahvana)
We decided with Kahvana to archive his version in favour of this new one.
Big thanks to DoctorX for his original work and for telling me few tips about the scripting.