A small pack of tiny tweaks essential for me. May be useful to you.
- None of these addons require a new game; you can install and remove them at your leisure.
- Below you will find details on the contents of the package.
- Suggestions and ideas are welcome. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, I will try my best to answer them.
- This bullet conveys no useful information. For what reason is it here then, you might ask? Another one of the zone's mysteries perhaps...
Since LD 1.2 distributes a copy of JSGME these addons have been packaged for ease of use with it. To install, grab the addon you want from the package, move it to your MODS folder and activate in JSGME. Easy as snork pie. If you still insist on a manual install (you barbarian) you'll need to copy the gamedata folder inside the addon you like to your LD 1.2 game folder.
Armshots do full damage to stalkers
Makes bullets that hit an enemy's arms do full damage. This helps alleviate that spongy feeling when you shoot an enemy in the chest (or try to) and the bullets end up in their arms making your target seem tankier than they really are.
Binoculars on 5 hotkey
LD 1.1 made the binocs use a weapon slot instead of their usual hotkey. This will revert the binoculars back to using the 5 hotkey again.
This addon only takes effect once you buy NEW binoculars from a trader. Dropping and picking up your old ones won't work; I don't know why but the config will not update properly on an existing set of binoculars. Just buy new ones, they're only 1850 or so, you've spent more money on meat of questionable origin.
If the Disable thirst plugin that came with the LD 1.2 release is causing crashes for you, try this.
F6 Hardsave v1.1
To use this, load your game, press ESC to open the main menu, and there press F6 to create a new hard save that will contain the name of the level and the current in-game date and time. Names are prettier now too. Screenshot here
Field kit mod v1.2
Edits the field kit (quick release system) to allow the player to keep medical items and drugs upon activation. I decided to split this in two addons for immersion purposes; pick only one. The difference is this:
- Basic: Bandages, Medkits, Stimpaks, Vinca, Anabiotics
- Extended: Everything from basic, all drugs, all types of cigarettes.
Larger inventory cells
More or less the same as the addon provided with the LD 1.2 release. This uses an 8x16 grid, that one uses a 7x14 grid. Screenshot here
No squad indicators on PDA or minimap
Self explanatory; if you use a minimap addon it will get affected too.