If you're not satisfied with the spawns and stalkers population in Last Day, this may interest you.
► Things you need to know before using this mod:
- New game is required!
- it covers around 70% of the spawns in the game (all maps except CoP maps and few others around CNPP).
- Set the Population Factor for stalkers and mutants in the options before starting a new game (you can change this option any time you want, but it will have the most impact on a new game, as it will decide the starting A-life population of the entire Zone).
- If you're not sure what population values you should pick, i recommend (0.75) for mutants and (0.5) for stalkers to keep things a bit balanced. i don't advice setting stalkers population too high or you will see alot of them (unless if that's what you really want).
- The increased stalkers population by this mod may affect the economy indirectly (more stalkers to kill, more bodies and loots), i've included optional tweaks for harder economy. you should test your game without them first but they're there if you need them.
- The increased population may cause more stutter issues on low-end devices, another thing to keep in mind.
- Works with all Last Day versions.
- This is currently a WIP (work in progress), things may get reworked in the future for better spawns balancing. feedback and suggestions are welcome.
This mod reworks most of the spawns in Last Day 1.3 and changes the way the system works, here's a list of the features:
- Factions and stalkers population/locations have been ported from CoM and expanded.
- Squads now have higher possibility to travel across the zone and move into new areas.
- Factions bases in general has been populated once again with increased respawn rates.
Dynamic spawn system for mutants:
- Mutants spawns around the zone has been replaced with a new dynamic system: instead of facing the same mutant or type in the same area all over again, now you may meet something completely different on your way back.
- The more time you spend in the zone, the worse the spawns will get in few areas.
- Mutants population has been altered to reduce the chance of getting insane encounters. (Chimeras spawning rate has been decreased).
- The respawn time has been increased for all to prevent quick respawns around the player.
Some of those are originally from Last Day add-ons pack, i included them due to their important rule here. you can use them separately without the main spawns files:
A-Life Simulation (choose one):
Full A-Life simulation: in default, A-life simulation is enabled only in the current map and the others areas connected directly to it.
This tweak will enable A-life simulation in every location, even if you aren't there. this will cause stalkers and mutants across entire the zone to travel, live and act on their own which expands the dynamic experience in the zone.
Attention!!: Increases the load on the computer! Perhaps you will have to reduce the stalkers population factor to 0.25-0.5.
Living Zone: Not only It does the exact same job of full a-life simulation, but also greatly enhance stalkers behavior around the zone: squads can travel to even further places and acquire more areas for themselves. the best dynamic experience (Increases the load on the computer as well!)
A-Life Switch Distance:
The distance at which artificial intelligence in the game enters its "online" mode, which means that it will behave taking into account the presence of the player. When the player is outside the range of AI (beyond switch distance), "offline" mode is initiated and the world will move irrespective of the player.
Default radius is 350, lowering the switch_distance will improve the prerformance a bit but lower the max distance at which you can see and fire upon enemies will be limited. changing it doesn't require a new game.
If you felt the game becoming easier with this mod, there are 3 tweaks to adjust the ecenomy:
- Rares consumable items from loots & drops
- Less money on corpses
- Harder trading/economy
- Stronger Chimera.
- Weaker psi-aura for controllers.
- Weaker psi-aura for poltergiests.
Known bugs in Last Day:
No fix so far, but i will list them to raise awareness.
- Sometimes the freedom leader in Army Warehouses will spawn in weird places (like mercs outpost) or even dissapear. he may return later.
- Jupiter, Zaton and Truck Cemetery are buggy. stutter and memory issues are common in those maps due to the big size and high number of smart terrains.
- Some bases like Rookies Village in Cordon start with low population even on high population factor (after testing it with this mod, the population increased after spending some time outside of cordon)
If you wish to contact me, Steam is the place where i usually hang around