The patch for SWAT: Elite Force v4. Make sure you have V4 installed before upgrading to this patch.
This is a hotfix patch to address some common issues that have been raised.
- The taunt feature has been improved significantly. You now have to be aiming at the target in order to taunt at them.
- The FOV slider no longer freezes the game, and resolution options should now save correctly. (Review the updated installation instructions if it does not work.) Navigating away from the Video Options menu will bring up a "Please Wait..." dialogue as it saves settings.
- Widescreen improvements; the GUI has been tweaked so that certain widescreen resolutions (mostly 16:9 ones) won't have disappearing elements in the GUI. Ultrawide is still unsupported at the moment and there might be a few issues I missed.
- The Optiwand screen no longer shows your AI officers in root ("T-pose"). The optiwand screen no longer freezes frame and will preserve aim, allowing you to peek around corners better.
- The Nova Pump and M4Super90 have reversed roles. The Nova Pump may now be equipped as a Primary or Secondary weapon, and the M4super90 is now a primary weapon only.
- The Less Lethal Shotgun is now able to be equipped as a secondary weapon.
- Slightly improved penalty detection for Use of Force.
- Fixed typo on Silenced MP5 production year start (1964 -> 1974)
- Sellers St. Auditorium no longer displays the Colt Carbine text for New Equipment; it displays the UMP text correctly instead.
- Fixed an issue that caused magazine counts to "reset" themselves when switching away from a shotgun
- Fixed chat in multiplayer pregame having the wrong number of lines (thanks to KevinL and Sokol for this fix)
- Updated wedge description to explain the difference between using a wedge and locking a door.
- Suspects now use full auto like they're supposed to instead of bursts/single shot
Speech Command Interface Improvements
The speech command interface has received a number of improvements that should make it easier to use:
- Now distinguishes between "Mark with Lightstick" and "Drop Lightstick" properly
- Added missing commands: SECURE EVIDENCE, RESTRAIN and all of the LEADER THROW commands.
- Added a new keybind to the Key Config menu: Toggle Speech Commands. This button turns off/on the speech command interface; which is good for streamers.
- You can now shout for compliance at civilians, suspects, etc using your voice. Try "Police!", "Put your hands up!", "Drop your weapons!" or for roleplay purposes, "Police! Search warrant!"
- Commands involving "stinger" now use "sting" since this was often confused by the engine for "taser"
- Various other improvements, too many/minor to list.