New version of this mod uploaded today! - I suggest that everyone download this version, as it's a huge update adding three new factions, two new rosters for two old factions, - and additional units for most of the other old factions. It also does improve on the gameplay in certain ways and is now almost complete - just lacking a few menu portraits and probably some text. I won't add that as that doesn't matter to me. Enjoy the new 3.9 version of the TLK:WotN Expansion SUBMOD.
Install in two ways if you have the CD-version:
1. Just extract the downloaded RAR-file using a program like WINRAR (it's free, just search for it on google and download it and install) and after that go inside of the downloaded folder and cut the folder inside of it (with the same name) out from that folder and just place it inside of your \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods-folder.
Start the mod by clicking the bat-file with the name "Execute.bat" - NOT the "pagan Normans" or "Baptized Normans"-ones. I don't know if they work with my additions. Use the executive to be safe!
2. The other option, and this is if your game is unstable - install TLK version 3.06 first, and then remove the folder from your mods-folder and place this one in instead. But i think the first option should work fine for most.
Version 3.9 changelog:
- Three new factions - West-Frankish Empire, Gautland and the Ui Néill.
- Two new rosters for old factions - Kingdom of Gwynedd & the Kingdom of Munster.
- New units for most factions - Denmark, Alba, the four Saxon factions.
- Updated old rosters, with changed composition of rosters for East-Frankish Empire, Vestfold and Hordaland.
- New starting alliances and win-conditions for the Irish factions and Hordaland, for Vestfold and Alba and for the Gautland and Denmark factions.
- A few new songs for the Kingdom of Gwynedd on the strat-map - taken from the Arthurian Total war mod for Rome Total war.
- Balance for all the rosters, new and old - and the new units.
- Regional recruitment between the three Irish factions, the Viking factions with Gautland added as well as Denmark's new units and of course between the four saxons and the two Frankish Empire-factions.
- Plus additional fixes, improvements and additions.
- I have trouble uploading the new version to MODDB from my current location, so it will be uploaded tonight when i get home.
- Danova - For the base-mod of TLK.
- Absinthia - For the creation of new Saxon, Ui Néill and Gwynedd models - plus three of the new Albian models and four/five of the new Munster unit models.
- The War of the West-team - for the creation of the bigger part of the new Munster roster, based on their "Kingdom of the Isles"-roster - and for some basic units in use by the Albians and Saxons.
- Myself (Mr_Nygren) - For all the work on this submod, as i used the assets created by others but did all the work on updating the old TLK 3.06 into this version myself. - Coding, portraits, implementation of new units and factions, gameplay and everything else basically - such as the music-mod.
- WarcraftHero - For the Gautlandi new symbols, and for fixing a gamebreaking issue with diplomacy regarding the Gautland faction after it had been implemented.
- Jurcek1987 - For fixing the Gwynedd General model i think, as it had some issues.
- Paleologos - For providing me with his backup of the Absinthia Romano-Britton roster, after i found an old thread at TWC where he had been sent those units by Absinthia himself.
- Gigantus - For providing support.
- I myself (Mr_Nygren) did all the implementation of the settlements.
- Rhaymo and DBM - for the creation of the custom settlements in use by all factions.
- Rhaymo allows the use of DBM assets in other mods - alas i have permission to use the custom settlements.
- The EoR-mod and Deutschland etc - for the new slavic textures applied to the custom settlements by Rhaymo - the Viking custom settlements have re-textures from EoR.
- I am also an official developer of EoR (East of Rome) and Deutschland himself approved of this - i've gotten Darius permission to use assets from"The Danube Limes" in WotN - and as the custom settlements are Rhaymo's and were free to use for everyone i'd say permission exists for the re-textures also.
I made this submod only by myself- but there are some people who deserves both credit and mentioning:
Danova & team - For the base TLK-MOD!
Absinthia - for the WotN-units such as the Franks, the Northumbrians and the new Vikings - also a thank you to Leif Ericsson for the Vigamenn - Absinthia and Horsa were fine with me using the units, as i am also a developer on WotN currenly - and they told me that Leif would probably be more upset than happy if i didn't include his unit (the Vigamenn) also. I guess i was fine with Absinthia giving thumbs up on that one. TLK and WotN were created by different teams around the same time period - and i know about Horsa and Danova having a sharing agreement which we are playing upon in WotN: Grand Campaign.
Thanks to Heathen Storm also if you have done anything on the units.
But mostly, this was all Absinthias work and he should have credit for the bigger part of the rosters.
Thanks to Darius - for allowing me to use parts of East of Rome: Danube Limes in Wrath of the Norsemen - as this is an "expansion" in the middle of the two WotN-releases - with a clear WotN-connection - i assume this was fine as well - because i got permission for the big one. And this is the same thing but set only in Britain and smaller parts of Europe. Thanks for allowing the use.
Then i wanna thank Wino - for his advice on using Total Commander to help me add his changes on-top of my own submod - thanks man! Would have been very hard without that program.
Thanks to crosscheck86 for his "Swedish Accents"-modification - which i added in with permission from him, and which adds Swedish voices to the Norsemen and Danes! There were no Danish nor Norwegian voices to be found. And it suits the Swedish rebels well.
And finally to Rhaymo, the creator of DBM - for using some of the music of his mod. Not that he ownes the music but it was still in use in his mod.
I wanna thank Derek Fiechter, an artist - for letting me use his song "Celtic Music Instrumental - Avalon" in the mod - on condition of mentioning him.
Some preview videos:
The Last Kingdom: WotN Expansion submod: NEW Kingdom of Gwynedd VS West Frankish Empire:
THE LAST KINGDOM: WotN EXPANSION SUBMOD: Kingdom of Northumbria VS the Kingdom of Wessex:
THE LAST KINGDOM: WotN EXPANSION SUBMOD: Kingdom of Mercia VS the Kingdom of East-Anglia (NEW):
THE LAST KINGDOM: WotN EXPANSION SUBMOD: Kingdom of Denmark (Updated) VS Jarldom of Gautland:
THE LAST KINGDOM: WotN EXPANSION SUBMOD: Kingdom of Munster (NEW) VS Hordaland (Updated):
THE LAST KINGDOM: WotN EXPANSION SUBMOD: Kingdom of Connacht (old) VS the Ui Néill (NEW):
THE LAST KINGDOM: WotN EXPANSION SUBMOD: Kingdom of Alba (Updated) VS Jarldom of Vestfold:
THE LAST KINGDOM: WotN EXPANSION SUBMOD: East Francia (Updated) & Normans VS Magyars: