Updated july the 23, i suggest everyone to download this version when you read this - it adds the custom settlements to the mod, as i figured now that WotN has them - this mod should too! People might want to play with them instead of with vanilla settlements. So, this is now 3.08, but it doesn't have new units or new rosters - that will be 3.09 or 4.0.
Install in two ways if you have the CD-version:
1. Just extract the downloaded RAR-file using a program like WINRAR (it's free, just search for it on google and download it and install) and after that go inside of the downloaded folder and cut the folder inside of it (with the same name) out from that folder and just place it inside of your \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods-folder.
Start the mod by clicking the bat-file with the name "Execute.bat" - NOT the "pagan Normans" or "Baptized Normans"-ones. I don't know if they work with my additions. Use the executive to be safe!
The other option, and this is if your game is unstable - install TLK version 3.06 first, and then remove the folder from your mods-folder and place this one in instead. But i think the first option should work fine for most.
Version 3.08 final release of this old upload (23 july 2017) - all custom settlements added to the mod.
Version 3.079 "Pre-release" (3 March 2017) - I am working on a real update, but wanted this out now in case i mess up. At least then i won't have to re-do everything!
- Silver surfer strat-general for german unit used by rebels fixed.
- Silver surfer crews for ballista, catapult, trebuchet and mangonel used by rebels fixed.
- WotN-animations merged with TLK-animations - which means all WotN animations are now included in TLK:WotN Expansion.
- Frank Archers with working bowstring-animation added to East Frankish Empire.
- Replaced the Frankish units in the "German Rebels"-stacks with actual Flemish, Lombard, German etc units. No more cavalry nor other Frankish units for them.
- Denmark army now starts in Britain next to East Anglia.
- Hordaland now has it's army in Ireland based in Dublin.
- Vestfold now has two armies in Scotland in the territories which they had historically.
- All factions but the Magyars start out with ships - this means the Vikings will settle Iceland at around turn 30.
- Northumbrian captain and general added from WotN.
- Shield-textures for Northumbrian general changed from slavic ones used in WotN to the proper Northumbrian emblems.
- Fixed a bug were the Celtic Hunters didn't hold their bow correctly.
Version 3.07 (20th February 2017)
- New music for all factions/cultures - mainly taken from my WotN-music-mod, from the Unofficial 4.0 patch and from DBM. But i have edited all the songs and only taken what i wanted from DBM and the Unofficial Patch. Most of their songs aren't in use. The Kingdom of Gwynedd got some extra work made on their stuff. Nothing new but the music for Gwynedd, Munster/Connach and Alba - in this release at least.
- New units for the Francs, Denmark, Hordaland and Vestfold - Denmark has gotten a few new units, the Franks got their whole roster from WotN added to their roster, Hordaland got the Norse units of WotN with the Rygjalandi elites - Vestfold got the Norse units from WotN but with Vestfolds elites.
- New Swedish units as a separate rebel faction in Swedish territories - the rebel faction is controlling all the rebels on the map, but the difference with the Swedish units is that the rebel faction can actually recruit and train Swedish and Norse units from Swedish respectively Norse regions. Rebel faction made rich so it will be able to recruit units.
- New Regional Recruitment system for specific factions - Mercia/Eastanglia/Wessex can recruit Northumbrian basic troops in their specific regional building - while Northumbria can recruit all of their old Saxon-units if Northumbria has this building. Northumbria gets the Northumbrian units from the start of course. And the others can only recruit Northumbrian elites if they hold the Northumbrian homeland and build the right building for it. Yes, the Northumbrian faction have a completely unique roster made by Absinthia for WotN - i have also fixed the Burwaran-unit and given them a mounted unit.
- There is a similiar system for the Viking-factions - if any Viking faction holds the other two factions territories they can recruit all of that factions unique troops - the Norse also has the Unification script as an alternative option. When Hordaland and Vestfold are united they also get all standing armies - but i was not sure about if they could recruit those faction-specific troops. But now they can, and therefore you as a player will have a reason to conquer the other Viking factions before going to Britain. The Swedish rebels have like five unique Swedish Viking-troops - they can all be recruitable if you conquer skara and that other Swedish settlement - and after that build the correct building. But be warned: I gave them huge garrisons to represent them being a faction of their own - Svitjod/Svea and Gautland in a mix - Gautland was conquered by Svitjod soon after anyway. And unfortunately Svitjod wasn't on the map, but Gautland was.
- Balanced all the WotN-units so that they are very well balanced based on the system in TLK - with the Real Combat-mod active. You will not have factions that are overpowered or underpowered - they are as they should be historically. While the strongest units may be the Magyar Horsemen - they are a spawning faction with no territories unlike their enemies the Franks among others - they needed to have the best units as they otherwise would stand no chance against factions with developed economies and many settlements. But they are beatable so they´re not overpowered. Makes sense that mounted troops are superior to dismounted ones - and while the Francs and Normans do have mounted knights - they don't have horse archers.
- Fixed alot of minor bugs and errors, as well as implemented the whole Unofficial Patch 4.0 manually ontop of my mod by myself - using the tool Total Commander to compare my files with Wino's - as he recommended.
- Added troops to starting positions in the descr_strat, the scripts and the rebel_factions-file - you will have more varied armies from the start - and there are many different kinds of rebels not there previously.
- Added siege engines to the campaign, and ballistas, trebuchets and catapults were already in custom battles for the Normans and the Francs. Now they are in the campaign, and in custom battle - for all factions! But there is a little trick to getting them in the game.
- Added Swedish accents for Viking factions - 1700 Empire:TW-style - didn't fit the stratmap very well but works - on the battle-map it is much better because they still say the same insults as in Medieval II.
- Magyars made playable in the campaign - and they have gotten a proper roster.