The hotfix for the Trek Wars Space Units Demo is here, with many fixes including the Rebels and Zann Consortium AI now working, much improved balance and some further enhancements.
The Trek Wars Mod for Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption - Space-Units-Only-Demo Release - Hotfix
Thank you for downloading the hotfix for the Trek Wars space-units-only-demo. This hotfix addresses bugs that arose after the launch of the demo, but also adds some further ehancements to the demo as well.
NOTE - You MUST have the space-units-only-demo already installed, before applying the hotfix.
Simply drag and drop the "Data" folder into the "trek_wars" folder where you first installed the demo. Allow your computer to overwrite the files that are being replaced.
Fixes and Further Enhancements
There are almost too many fixes to list here, but here is a rundown on some of the major fixes.
1. Zann Consortium and Rebel Alliance AI now work.
2. Star Trek factions now have ability to detect cloaked vessels (For Feds use the Peregrine Fighters, Klingons use Qalpa Shuttle, Romulans use the Interceptor, Dominion use the Jem'Hadar Shuttle).
3. Much improved balance - Previously the Romulans were too weak, the other Trek factions (especially the Feds and Dominion) were too powerful. This has now been rectified.
4. Improved textures for Star Wars faction vessels, courtesy of Jeff Cheney.
5. The Empire can now build the Executor in skirmish.
6. LAND UNITS SNEAK PREVIEW - It's all work-in-progress, no ground structures in as of yet, but start up a land battle as the Federation and enjoy...
1. Galactic Conquest AI - Unfortunately the Star Trek sides factions do nothing except build mining facilities and some ships.
2. Random FPS drop when playing as or against the Dominion - sometimes this will happen when a lot of Dominion ships are in action, other times the FPS drop won't happen. It doesn't appear to be tied to any particular ship either.
Original SMG Modding Team
Trek Wars Crew:
Ancalagon: Skinning, UVMapping, Balancing
Raziel Kanos: Coding, Modeling, Rigging, Scripting, Texts, Balancing, Beta Testing, Sounds, Rebel Assault Frigate MK1, Imperial Venator Star Destroyer
Special Thanks to:
Kevin Yu – Inspiration and Ideas
Kevin Prangley – Concept Art
Steiner0815 – Technical information and Ideas
IceMan – Balancing
Ghostly Substance – English Text file
AeroShuttle - Original high poly model created by Todd "Todd587" Kumpf (additional credit to Robert Mayer for sections of the high poly mesh). Low poly mesh created by Major A Payne. Texture set created from renderings of above high poly model.
Basis Texture Akira by P81
Basis Texture Excelsior by P81
Basis Texture Galaxy by P81
Basis Texture Nebulas by P81
Basis Texture Intrepid by P81
Basis Texture Norway by P81
Basis Texture Starbases by RedDragon
Basis Texture Typ 9 Shuttle by RedDragon
Basis Texture Typ 11 Shuttle by RedDragon
Basis Texture Excalibur by LC Amaral
All Textures have been heavily reworked by Ancalagon
All Lightmaps by Ancalagon
Trek Wars Revival Team
Captain Kavok - Project Manager
NerdExpert, jpksss, socklover50, Wordsarecool, CreeperJP02, Capt.Sisko - Testing, Feedback and Creative Team
Megabalta and Jeroenemo - Phaser and Disruptor beams, improved laser projectiles for Star Wars vessels
Yuuzhan Vong At War Team - Advice, updated space sky boxes and planet textures
Star Trek Fleet Ops Team - Klingon Noq'Duj, K't'inga, Starbases 3 and 4, Jem'Hadar Bugship, Battleship and Dreadnought, Breen Cruiser and Warship
Nomada_Firefox - All Star Trek faction ground units as seen in the TOS Alliance Mod
Chris Cheney - Enhanced textures for Star Wars faction space units
Aad Moerman - Klingon Nuq'Duj, B'rel, K'Vort, D12, Vor'cha, Suq'Jagh, Fek'Lhr, Negh'Var, Jach'Eng, Klingon Research Institute, Federation Ambassador Class, Cardassian Research Station, Romulan Research Station, Romulan Starbase 3, Talon, Shrike, Griffin, Raptor, Drex'rk, Venator, Shadow, D'deridex, Valdore
Fleet Admiral Federation Councellette Raphaela - Federation Steamrunner Class
mikemckeon007 - Klingon D5
Fireball and Mike - Klingon and Romulan D7
Darkdrone and Operative34997 - Klingon Starbase 1
Gavin1701 - Klingon Starbase 2
Wrath of Achilles - Klingon Starbase 5, Cardassian Tonga, Hutet, Jem'Hadar Chimera, Romulan Starbase 4
STGamerNew2002 - Jem'Hadar Bomber
LeoMan - Jem'Hadar Shuttle
Nine of Nine - Cardassian Galor and Keldon
Terok Nor Station Variants - MajorAPayne and dan1025
Dan Ocean, Zorg, Taldren - Federation Peregrine Fighter, Cardassian Brinok, Hideki, Peltast, Rasilak, Romulan Interceptor Fighter and Buzzard
CanadianBorg - Romulan Starbase 1
Icewolf132 - Romulan Starbase 2 and TOS era Bird of Prey
Ash Stephens - Romulan Starbase 4
Bread4311 and Achilles - Romulan Starbase 5
Sherman2 - Romulan Hawk
Interstellar Machine - Romulan Interceptor Fighter
Defiantnxnx - Romulan Kestrel
k_merse - Reman Scimitar
MarianoDT and Misha - Romulan Scorpion Fighter
SupaStarAsh, Dark Razer and Elrond - Romulan Snipe, Son'a Destroyer and Battleship
Keeper_of_faith and EvilleJedi - Rebel MC40 Cruiser, Imperial Dreadnaught Cruiser, Underworld Providence Destroyer