First big release version of the Unoffical Community Mod for Might & Magic: Heroes VII
List of Changes / Mod Content 1.0
Bugs Fixed by this Mod
All the bugs above should be fixed in this mod release. The number refers to each bug for better orientation. If any one the bugs below still persists in the game, please, let us know in the comments.
01. Shadow Image spell: Wrong number of creatures (usually less) is summoned if the hero Dark magic Master III (doesn't scale with hero magic then)
02. Basilisk Rider tooltip: Predefined retaliation tooltip for small units should say "no" but says "yes" (the retaliation tooltip mechanics does not take into account this unit's special ability).
04. Air magic Grandmaster: sometimes doing damage to random enemy units on the battlefield (when there are no adjacent units to the target). This happens usually when the unit changed its position at the end of its last turn.
06. Pretorian: The Pretorian sometimes shields random units on the map that are not adjacent to it.
07. Justicar: Justicar's "Opportunate attack" ability sometimes does not activate. In fact, it activates hardly ever.
09. Light magic spell Martyr: Martyr (light magic t4 spell) deactivates when any unit dies, including enemy. Additionally, it doesn't redirect damage done by special abilities.
11. Unlimited retaliation: - If any unit with "unlimited retaliation" ability (- e.g. direwolf) uses "defend" and the hero has "preemptive strike", the unit retaliates twice before the attack and once more after the attack - so there are 3 retaliations instead of one.
12. Coordination skill: Many bugs causing coordination malfunctionmoral turns).
a. several units abilities do always trigger coordination, independent on if the creature retaliates or not (known: life drain, corroding venom)
b. if the enemy unit has preemptive strike (either from skill or as an ability), the game does not recognise it was a retaliation (as it triggered before, not after the attack), so your units always attack them 2x.
c. minotaur always triggers retaliation on its moral turn (as well as some other units)
d. coordination ability text seem to spawn on a random basis.
e. coordination does not trigger against incapacitated and confused creatures
f. several activated abilities trigger coordination: feral charge, crippling sting, ink spray
g. conditions for coordination activation for AI are diffferent to the ones for the player (AI activates more often)
15. Silverback: Its "Feral Charge" ability does not work against minotaurs and against units under "preemptive strike". They do retaliate.
16. Hathor has wrong hero specialisation in heropedia (to be fixed in heropedia, does not corespond with his actual specialization in the game).
17. Ancient Treant's "Entagled" effect applies when performing ranged attack too. What is worse, it is never removed, even not when the treant dies.
18. Ancient Treant does not retaliate due to the Entangled ability
19. Broken tooltips: fortress fortifications (wrong unit in town guard), artillery barrage, opportunity attack
21. Oak Dryad: Oak dryad's defense buff for adjacent creatures sometimes stops working.
23. Area effects of positive spells (for example regeneration, stoneskin) sometimes stop working after 1 or 2 turns and do not last all 3 turns (randomly disappearing buffs from friendly creatures)!
26. Lizardman's Scatter Shot gives attack bonus instead of -50% penalty.
27. Fire bird's "Aura of Fire" works in strange modified way: instead of water magic immunity, it provides earth magic immunity. And instead of working for allies only, it works for all surrounding creatures including your enemy!
28. Soul conflagration (new Tier 4 Prime magic spell) deals much less damage than it should when the hero has prime magic grandmaster ability Clarity. A suspicion that it is always casted with -20 magic even during the first cast then.
29. Gathering Storm (Air Magic novice perk) does not work for air spells with direct damage, and so the calculation tooltip for this spell is different from damage it actually does.
31. The ability "Soul Fire" of Valkyrie and Dis gets removed from a unit if the unit remains adjacent to valkyrie/dis for more than several turns.
32. If a hero has Master of Earth III perk, the Frost Bolt spell deals twice as much damage.
33. Erratic storm has no spell description when cast by scroll.
35. When kraken attacks in melee, the tooltip of caused damaged randomly increases several times (and decreases again), also the damage which is actually dealt by it, is strange. It is possible its active ability modified damage somehow changes the ordinary damage even when it's not activated. Additionally, its Inkspray ability cannot be activated at all.
41. Death strike causing 300% increased damage instead of 200%
46. Shantiri Titan cannot be displayed in Heropedia
47. Ancient Treant attacks twice in melee
48. Wrong luck application on Red & Ardent Dragon
49. Fire Breath can be cast on friendly units, which causes wrong damage tooltips & attacks.
50. Einherjar's hammer range attack not applying attack stat
51. Manticore's sting not applying attack stat
52. Poison and agony working on undead
53. Some nova skills can be used only once per battle; another always
55. Kari's Fire Heart specialization doesn't work for Fire Sentry
56. Centaur's and Centaur Marauder's Maneuver ability causes that if this unit is attacked before its turn, it loses its turn or it cannot attack during it.
59. Resurrection abilities sometimes works on constructs. Elrath's chosen doesn't apply when the spell is cast through an artifact/scroll.
60. Agony and Soulvenom crucible (Dungeon town building) deal twice as much damage in some cases
61. Lizardman's Scattershot's damage tooltip is unstable (changeable damage)
62. Shroud of Malassa deactivates not only when the unit attacks but also when it receives damage.
63. Hide (Shroud of Malassa) does not get applied after the first combat turn.
64. Siege: Moats trap a creature forever, making it immobile until the end of the whole combat once it steps in. Additionally, the moat sometimes does not get activated when a unit passes through it.
65. Siege: Academy units receive damage on a random basis even if they do not enter the moat
66: Siege: Fortress Moat is completely bugged: It does not interrupt movement. Its description is missing in town and its effect increasing Fire magic vulnerability does not disappear after one turn as intended.
67. Confusion does not surpress preemptive strike
68. Preemptive strike can be used against some activated abilities
69. Strike and return displays retaliation wrong (always "no" even when it should be "yes"). Moreover, the coordination restriction does not work for Strike and Return (always applies). Strike and return cannot be used if the unit is already adjacent to target (in any way) and can be used on moral turn.
73. Wrong Homeland icon on adventure map
74. AoC town effects apply wrong when a town changes its owner (either not aplied on a new owner or persists on the previous owner)
75. Runic Fortifications Gate is overwritten wrong on level 2 (as level 1)
78. Necropolis Moat "Weakness" Effect and Dungeon "Agony" Effect do not work although its tooltip displays.
80. Wrong Mark of Malassa icon on the adventure map.
83. Wrong Sweeping Bash Icon used (the same as Sweep)
84. Martyr provided by a rune forge artifact doesn't work.
85. Lamasu's Aura of Pestilence works on troglodyts (and probably also other unit with earth immunity)
Changed Mechanics & Improvements
We changed certain abilities to avoid bugs (as we found no solution how to fix them):
08. Plague Lamasu: Lamasu's Aura of pestilence does not work in certain occasions (=sometimes). Especially it does not work after you use teleport to move plague lamasu to enemy units. It could be connected with the entry used for the ability - activates when the creature enters cell.
CHANGE: Aura of Pestilence now applies at the beginning of each combat round.
13. Spectral Dragon: Its Flaying Breath ability often shows "0 killed" on the tooltip. In certain camera angles, instead of number of units which should be killed by dragon attack (tooltip), "0" displays. The problem usually appears when there are more units to be hit by the dragon.
CHANGE: Changed ability function: unit now deals damage during retaliation to not only the attacker but also to all creatures adjacent to it
14. Spectral Dragon: Soul Reaver ability does gain no mana when activated
CHANGE: It did not make much sense together with the Soulflaying Breath. Changed ability function: Your hero receives 1 Mana for each adjacent living enemy creature at the beginning of this creature's each turn
22. Treant + Ancient treant: Living shelter ability works in a very strange way when you activate it: sometimes it works correctly and stopps enemies. Sometimes it stopps them but they get additional turn, so it's useless. And sometimes it does not get activated at all! Additionally, it persists on cells even after the Treant moves.
CHANGE: Instead of interrupting movement, Living Shelter now redirects damage done to adjacent units to the onwer of the ability.
30. Earth Elemental is not immune to Earth Magic spell "Wasp Swarm" (it deals might damage which is strange)
CHANGE: Wasp Swarm damage changed to Earth (magic school)
36. The Fire Trail ability does not work: It gets randomly activating and disactivating, and when attacking the enemy, it does not even display correct tooltip for hitting multiple enemies when it is on.
CHANGE: This ability makes no sense for a flaying creature. It has been temporarily removed from the game. Red Dragon received the Fire Breath ability and the Ardent Dragon received Grffin's Diving Attack (while a new ability for that creature is planned in one of the next updates to replace it).
44. Rune traps make a grid tile unwalkable; AI always avoids the traps.
71. Runic Fortifications don't work at all (as for the traps)
CHANGE: As we cannot change the archetype of obstacle, the function of rune traps has been changed: There is a chance to cast a rune trap on an enemy creature and reduce thus their Movement to 0 until the end of the combat round at the beginning of each enemy creature's turn during each combat in the area of control of this town.
70. Wrong damage calculation with all Breath Abilities (Dragons) caused by Flanking (deals less damage than the tooltip shows)
CHANGE: Flanking Effect has been removed from that abilities
79. Master Cabir: Soldering Hands: This ability only works on creatures which are not adjacent to cabir but which are in cabir´s range. Moreover, the resurrection tooltip displaying sometimes disappears
CHANGE: Soldering Hands can be used more times per combat. Soldering Hands now works only on adjacent creatures.
86. Lightning Bolt deals the main damage also to adjacent targets (instead of reduced damage). Additionally, the shocked effect is applied on adjacent creatures, too.
CHANGE: Damage dealt to main target is the same as to adjacent creatures
We implemented some additional changes and improvements we hope you will like:
I. 20. Banned magic schools: Some factions should not have access to some magic schools, for example no light magic for necropolis. But these rules do not work sometimes.
- Bug fixed
- Added forbidden schools for other factions (balance reasons):
(Stronghold - Prime, Sylvan - Fire, Fortress - Water)
- Changed magic school of Town Portal and Reveal Treasure to Air (because of prime magic being forbidden for stronghold)
II. Added missing tooltip for Ivan's Council Statue
III. Improved tooltips of certain abilities (missing information about activation limited to once per combat)
IV. Added Heropedia information about rare resources needed to hire a creature (to make the champion choice more comfortable for the player)
V. Morale and Luck caps increased to 75 everywhere (not only Skirmish)
VI. Champions have now the same stats both in Campaign and Skirmish (it was really confusing before)
VII. Piercing Shot Ability (Apprentice, Disciple) replaced by Magical Shot: The creature shoots at ALL units in a line, dealing damage by random magic school.
VIII. Splash Ability (Mermaid) improved to be different from Nova: Target creatures receive also reduced Initiative and Movement until the end of their next turn.
IX. New ability (No Melee Penalty): Titan, Ancient Treant, Rune Priest, Rune Patriarch
X. Added 4 new duel heroes for each faction for more duel possibilities
XI. Assigned abilities: Vampire Lord - No retaliation, Strider & Soulless - Vigilance
Some things cannot be fixed. However, there is a way how to deal with them:
24. Disappearing hero skills in campaigns: After you finish a campaign mission with random skilling, when you start the next mission, your hero forgets some skills! Some of them only disappear in skillwheel but still still work in combat, some of them completely disappear and their effects too.
SOLUTION: In Important tips thread (Steam), there's mentioned how to avoid this bug in order to be able to play random skilling without any restrictions as intended.
87. The last Sephinroth's scenario dialogue is skipped by the game, so the player cannot read it.
SOLUTION: You can read the end of the scenario here: (HC)
Cannot Reproduce (CNR)
We haven't been able to reproduce these bugs, so we couldn't find out what causes them. If you experience any of them, please, describe to us the situation where you did so, as much as you can.
34. Arkath's Blessing spell does not work when a hero has fire magic mastery /tooltip 0 to 0 damage appears in the battle/.
39. Healing spells and abilities sometimes resurrect only one unit
42. If Ivan (as no other hero can equip this set) has a light magic mastery, the Resurrection ability provided by Battle Garb of the Griffin multiplies in the spellbook, occupying thus more and more slots. Usually happens after Ivan receives higher Light Magic ranks.
54. Governance: Economy GM does not work for towns with another governor assigned
Cannot Be Fixed (CNF)
We don't have access to cooked maps, so we could not fix these bugs.
03. Solmyr's map: Asha Tear Building does not work when built in the town
45. Mission 1: Ivan - Addon: The caravans from the haven town get stuck and neither return to the town nor move. So basically, you lose all your troops you transport by caravans.
We can't fix AI, we miss a programmer who would be able to do that.
25. AI is abolutely clueless against mass effects: its units remain in firewall, blizzard, poison cloud areas without any desire to get out of them.
43. AI does not defend its towns and tends to leave them even if an enemy hero is nearby.
These bugs are only minor, caused by GUI.
37. The Teleport spell can be cast on "empty space/unit", so without any effect
38. Arkath's Hammer tooltip does not work (it does not show the damage dealt to surrounding enemies)
10. Piercing shot ability: Piercing shot ability does not sometimes hit the units it should according to its tooltip, usually whenthe changes of trajectory are too fast.
We haven't been able to fix these bugs :( Maybe you have an idea to help us?
05. School of War tooltip: When you visit "School of War" building with your hero, after some time, a green text for this hero "upgrades are available" displays on the building although after the visit, it does not upgrade and says "already visited". Sometimes it works, so I have a suspicion the tooltip takes into account only if the hero has some might skills to be upgraded, but ignores the question if the hero has already visited the building or not.
Problem: Haven't found what sets these tooltips
40. Some Artifact set bonuses remain active even if you unequip them (fixed with reload), including the bonus ability Resurrection provided by Battle Garb of the Griffin (the last one is not fixed with reload). There is also a suspicion that artifacts cause multiplayer unstability /not confirmed.
58. Artifacts with effect like +250 Gold or +1 blood crystal are sometimes not working.
Problem: Cannot uncook artefacts / too demanding process with uncertain result
57. If a hero with Suzerain (Diplomacy GM) skill is replaced as a governor of a certain town, this town loses his bonus. To reapply, it is necessary to assign that hero as a governor of another town.
72. Governor effects persist even if the governor dies
Problem: Might be intended? No idea what how to fix it anyway.
76. Destroying any building in the town causes all AoC buildings doesn't work any more.
Changed: does not disappear even when the building is destroyed, fixed when town is conquered, no idea how to fix completely
77. Recruiters Outpost (Haven Town building) does not work on certain occasions. Additionally, the tooltip of the dwelling is not modified when it applies, so it still displays wrong creature growth.
Problem: no idea how to fix
81. Maneuver: unit can run through creatures. These creatures become "walkable", lose their structural integrity.
Problem: no access to this effect
82. Frenzy deals additional damage by hero or the currently active creature if cast on enemy creature.
Problem: haven't found the cause