Final version of Unofficial Patch 1.41, including the hotfix, upgrading features of 1.31 on the new version from the devs. Includes an installer. Read the description below...
Unofficial Patch 1.41 for The Elder Scrolls
(includes fixes of mine and Gigantus, great thanks to him especially for the installer)
(if you have previously installed the BETA, it is adviced you start again from clean. Otherwise the voices might be still bugged)
1. Download The Elder Scrolls mod 1.4 + The Elder Scrolls Patch 1.41
2. Download and install TES Unofficial Patch 1.41, and follow the install instructions. (You can also use an alternative torrent link Twcenter.net ). If you have issues with starting the installer, try extracting it first.
3. After the installation is finished, go to The_Elder_Scrolls/data/sounds and delete events.idx and events.dat (to fix the voices)
4. You are ready to play!
No other files or patches are necessary.
What wasnt in the BETA/ what was fixed:
(full features are further below)
-Missing castle free upkeep
-Fixed khajiit and dunmer temples
-Voices/music should be fixed too (but these files tend to get crazy often during installations)
-Fixed inconsistencies in unit stats
-Fixed thanes texture, mythic dawn textures, removed Dismounted Knights of The Dragon
-Fixed incorrect settlement levels/walls
-Fixed fighters guild triggers
-Slight script/campaign balancing, especially Oblivion Crisis
-Missing buildings pictures, names etc
-Editing to map borders
-Various other minor bugs/crashes fixed
Improvements by Gigantus
- fixed all unit sprite file sizes
- corrected formatting in EDB
- removed duplicates from export_buildings, added missing descriptions
- removed duplicates from export_units
- removed duplicates from export_ancillaries
- removed duplicates from export_vnvs
- removed duplicates from historic_events
- corrected formatting in campaign_script
- corrected formatting in descr_strat
- added missing names to descr_names and text\names
- removed files with Cyrillic lettering (causes error during installation)
- compiled automatic installer with file verification after installation
- changed log path to default (possible non generating otherwise)
- adjusted vertical text off set in campaign HUD tabs
- corrected formatting in descr_strat
- corrected settlement errors in descr_strat (core level and min\max pop errors)
- compressed map TGA files and generated new map.rwm file
Features of TES TW UP 1.41
(a very short version)
- Custom stratmap (settlement/ports/...) models for each race.
- New audio, music, IU, animations, battlefield models, skies, water, etc
- New banners for several new factions. New mod logo.
- Added a new religion - Yokudan Pantheon (for redguards). Changed religion of ashlander tribes to deadric cults.
- Added about 1500 new (sur)names and about 250 custom portraits (for ESO characters mostly)
- Changed many of faction leaders/heirs prefixes, priest titles, settlement names, ...
- Fortresses can be upgraded
- Many map tweaks - adding ports, changing borders, economical improvements, lowered levels of most of settlements, as they now can be upgraded, et
- Balancing campaigns - Added/removed/changes many scripts. Changed starting balance of all factions (buildings, traits, ....),...
- Decreased movement ranges.
- And more...
Recruitment, units and buildings
- Recruitment based on religion - You need to convert foreign settlements before you can hire there new units.
- Massivel rebalanced unit stats (especially unit costs and upkeeps) and recruitment trees (upgrading military buildings is necessary to get elite units, etc)
- Unit additions - For The Undead, Dunmer, Redguards, Orsimer. Few more variants of siege crews. Readded some units removed by 1.4. . Made generals recruitable for all factions.
- All units now can be recruited.
- Tasunke's Esperitus Sancti mage improvement included.
- Added several new buildings, such as temples, knight chapters, etc
- Spies, assassins and Fighters Guild units can be recruited from guild buildings (thus, you need to accumulate guild points to build them)
- List of AoR units: (at the bottom of this page)
Traits and Ancillaries Overhaul
Ratial traits - All major races of Tamriel are in game via traits. Effects of these traits might be slightly changing player's strategy for some factions
Birthsign traits - Every new character is randomly born into certain star constellation, giving him small bonuses.
Religion traits - Characters with high piety might become dedicated followers of one of the gods, giving them small bonuses.
Khajiit traits - Many traits from khajiit culture has been added, as well as khajiit name suffixes.
Faction leader traits - These traits usually have two levels. The first, basis level is granted when a character becomes faction leader. The second level might be obtained if a faction leader unites the entire province/becomes more powerful. Example - Grandmaster of House Hlaalu/King of Morrowind.
Vampires, Werewolves - Vampyrism and Lycanthropy is now imgame. Your generals might get bitten...
Governor ancillaries - Governor ancillaries for most of settlements. Titles are not the same for each faction. For example if a nord becomes lord of Anvil, he is called jarl, while an altmer would become canonreeve.
Special ancillaries - For various special military units/guilds/orders (for example the companions, dragonguard, etc)
Character Ancillaries - For important characters, such as Sotha-Sil, Molag Bal, Hero of Kvatch, etc
And many more...
6 Custom Campaigns:
- See the articles for details
Changes to official 1.41
Almost all features of the official 1.41 included, except - their recruitment and unit balance system (overhauled), changes to events - you can no longer obtain Mannimarco (as you can play the undead faction instead now). Dawnguard script moved to the 2nd and 4th era campaigns, Harkon script availible only in campaigns where the undead are not playable. You can no longer choose whether Oblivion Crisis happens (and of course, the invasion was improved, so its no longer that imbalanced), you can now upgrade fortresses to citadels. Fighters guild turned to actual guilds. Replaced 1.41 governor ancs with our ones. Removed few other ancillaries (=replaced with our variants), added triggers to armor/weapon/shield/banner ancs. Added more ports, changed some borders, and really lot of smaller things naturally....
- There seem be relatively lot of crashes. However most of them can get solved simply by reloading so rather make more saves.
- There are also many bugs, as I didnt have time to test everything properly, thus report everything you find, thus I can fix them asap!
- Help us fix the bugs - Whenever you approach any bug/crash, help us get rid of them, by reporting it to me (messages or posts). The report should contain report from log file (Medieval II Total War/logs) or/and a save made just before the crash!
- Some battle settleement models might be incorrect.
- A hotfix/patch should be released circa a month from now, fixing the crashes (with yout help), and including several new features from my team, that they havent managed to provide on time.
List of AoR units (not mercenaries) and where to find them:
unit - region - faction
(Dismounted) Knights of The Dragon - Daggerfall/Glenpoint - Daggerfall
Knights of The Rose - Wayrest/Firebrand Keep/Gauvadon - Wayrest
Abibon-gorah Knights - Abibon-gorah - Clans of Crowned and Forebears
Winterhold mages - Winterhold - Skyrim
Akavir Tsaeci - Imperial City - Empire (Second Era)
Arcane Archmages - Imperial City - Empire
Blades - Cloud Ruler Temple - Empire (Third Era and The Great War)
Wood orc archers - North-western Valenwood - Kigdom of Orsinium
Orcrest Warriors/Archers/Spearmen/Marauders - Orcrest - Kingdom of Orsinium
Skaal Warriors and Hunters - Solstheim - Northern Factions
Dawnguard - Fullhelm Fort/Fort Dawnguard - Northern Factions (Second and Fourth Era)
Lillmoth fishermen - Lillmoth - Tribes of Black Marsh
Ebonheart Guard - Ebonheart city and castle - Empire/Hlaalu
Buoyant armigers - Ald'ruhn/Ghostgate/Molag Mar - Redoran/Tribunal
Hands of Almalexia - Vivec city/Mournhold - Tribunal
Thanes - Skyrim - Skyrim
Necrom Ordinators - Necrom - Tribunal
Imperial Legion Company units - Skyrim/Morrowind/Black Marsh - Empire
Silstriders - Morrowind - All morrowind factions
Crystal Tower Wizards - Cloudrest - Aldmeri Dominion
Firsthold Wizards/Masters of Age - Firsthold - Aldmeri Dominion
Alinor Wizards - Alinor - Aldmeri Dominion
Psijics - Alinor/Imperial City - Aldmeri Dominion
Telvanni Wizards/Masters of Mage - Telvanni lands - Telvanni
Knights of Iron - Leyaviin/Totambu/Guavadon/Camlorn/Sunkeep/Antiphyllos - Nine Divines factions and redguards
Knights of The Lily - Anvil/Markarth/Morkul Stronghold/Farrun/Northpoint/Taneth - Nine Divines factions and redguards
Knights of The Circle - Cheydinhall/Daggerfall/Sentinel/Kozanset/Hallin's Stand/Skaven - Nine Divines factions and redguards
Knight Mentors - Anticler/Wayrest/Abibon-gorah/Skingrad - Nine Divines factions and redguards
Crusaders - Sharnhelm/Ravenwatch Castle/Dvinnen/Rihad/Gilane/Kozanset/Vulnim/Falinesti/Gideon/Lillmoth/Chorrol/Windhelm/Solitude - Nine Divines factions and redguards
Knights of The Nine - Kvatch - Empire (Third Era)
Knights of Horn - Dukfron/Lainlyn - Clan of Forebears
Knights of True Horn - Clan of Crowns lands (Third Era)
Knights of Candle/Moon - Sentinel - Clan of Forebears
Bosmer units - Valenwood - Aldmeri Dominion
If Anequina/Pelletine controls all of Elsweyr, they can hire few units of the other faction in the starting settlements of the faction
Several dagoth units - Ashlands - Dagoth
Wood Sench Riders - Elsweyr - Valenwood
Volkihar Units - Volkihar Castle - The Undead (or northern factions in some scenarios)
Desert Riders/Sench - Elsweyr - Anequina
Blackwod Guild Units - Blackwood - Empire/Elsweyr/Argonians
The Companions - Whiterrun - Skyrim
Wildhunt - Valenwood Event - Bosmer/Altmer