Westeros: Total War is a modification for Medieval 2 Total War: Kingdoms. It is based on the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' (ASoIaF) novels by George R.R. Martin. this is an Apha release by the previous team. The new team has been working on this project for about a year now and we are making good progress but there is still a lot of work left to be done. Enjoy this version for now, the full 1.0 version will be far superior to this alpha release.
Download and Installation:
Download Links: Gamefront.com
Automated Installer for Westeros 0.53
- Download the EXE file and run by double clicking
- Click "OK" and "Next" wherever applicable
- The installer looks up the directory in the registry, no need to change the directory:
- DO NOT CHANGE THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY UNLESS YOU INSTALL FOR STEAM!!
- Click the desktop short cut and enjoy
Recommendation and note:
- It is highly recommended to install the patch for kingdoms version 1.05, links can be found here.
- The installer will install a registry entry for use with the 'normal' (non Steam) Launcher
Attention Steam users:
- refer to my tutorial Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam on how to do it your way
Important note regarding crashes:
I will only entertain questions that have to do with the game start. So if your game crashes after a few rounds, please post in another thread or open your own.
Do the following when encountering an error on game start:
1. To get more detailed information, proceed as follows: open ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Westeros\Configuration.cfg with Notepad, remove the existing hash sign (red) and add a new one (blue), save. Quote:
to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
#level = * trace
#level = * error
2. Start your game again
3. Post here stating when the crash happened (eg which screen, what button pressed last) and which message (if any) you got.
4. Compress your log and attach it with your post.
This mod is now a folder mod so does not overwrite any vanilla files.
Installation: Please start from a clean install of M2TW: Kingdoms patched to 1.5. Extract this zip file to your Medieval II Total War\mods folder. It should create a folder named Westeros in that directory. Launch the mod using the batch file in that directory.
Steam Users (ZIP-Version):
1. Install as directed
2. Browse to C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Medieval II Total War\mods
3. Rename one of the Kingdoms campaign folders (Americas, Brittania, Crusades, Teutonic) to something else
4. Rename the Westeros folder to the name you changed in step 3
5. Select the name you used from the Launcher