Half-Life DM GOLD century megapack - best of all times 800+ best maps for multiplayer game selected out of more than 4000 reviewed maps, contains all required resources (textures, models, sounds, skyboxes, details, etc.) documentation and original fixes not available anywhere else.
Half-Life DM GOLD
century megapack - best of all times
1998 - 2017
What is this?
- 805 maps for multiplayer game.
- all required resources (textures, models, sounds, skyboxes, details, etc.).
- documentation, whenever available.
- original fixes that you won't find anywhere else.
Who is this for?
- First of all - for players: no more need to spend hours digging a couple of nice maps out of mountains of garbage.
- For HLDM server owners: pack does not contain any trash like temporary files and you will find maps for every taste there.
- For collectors: this is history!
- For admirers of beauty: this is art!
- Original documentation was preserved and recovered (all text saved to mapname.txt).
Recovered lost resources for many maps.
- Many maps were fixed (e.g. wrong transparency modes for ladders, fences, etc.).
Maps were tested for playability.
- Fixed sounds: markers, frequencies, some loops were purposefully cut to avoid crashes on some HL versions and for smooth looping.
- In some rare cases "music" was cut off - huge WAV-files with horrible quality that were playing on the map (like the train announcer voice at the beginning of HL).
- Unpack the entire archive into Half-Life directory, when asked to "overwrite folder valve?" choose "yes".
- Note: all files are new (no standard HL files will be overwritten), they can be safely deleted to restore HL to its original state.
- Nothing else
- Half-Life 18.104.22.168 (steam) + XDM 22.214.171.124+
- Windows 7 x64 + DirectX 11 + Nvidia GeForce
- mapcycle.txt cannot be larger than 8KB (8192 bytes)! Because of this it is better to keep it in unix format (LF) - Half-Life does recognize it and more maps can fit inside.
- Some maps contain animated lights (flickering lamps, fire, etc.), that on some video cards may drop FPS from 60 down to 10! That's how the game is made.
- Old Half-Life versions (WON) have tighter limits on models, sprites and sounds - some maps may fail to run there.
- Also, some Half-Life are likely to crash because of unsupported sound file format (> 22050HZ, > 8bit, > 1ch) or those containing bad markers/regions/etc.
- Pack author: ~X~
- My respect goes to map authors - without them we wouldn't have anything to play!
- Maps were chosen out of more than 4000 total, manually.
- Detail level was not the only decisive criteria: you can find relatively simple maps with good gameplay in this pack. There are many factors, but all of them are as objective as possible.
- Maps are collected from all around the world, sometimes - from places many would afraid to visit :) - file archives, pirated CDs, abandoned HLDM servers, torrents, DC++, maps sent via IM, sites, forums, friends, clubs...
- Maps were tested on original Half-Life and XDM ( Mods.moddb.com ) mod, which greatly expands HL multiplayer capabilities.
- In the process of separation, piles of maps of doubtful quality were formed: from "ok" that "almost made it" to "epicfail" that can cause vision damage. :)
- Author of this pack had all chances of becoming Stalin, Beria, Hoover or Hitler while staring at some mappers creations... but he didn't. :)
- Author of this pack is a mapper himself and produced lots of maps, none of which are featured here. All of them were made for XDM, where you will find them. \(~_o)