More GTA IV Details Emerge
It seems some new tasty details on a little unknown title called “GTA IV” have hit the internet. The source of the information comes from the Turkish Official Xbox Magazine.
One of the most interesting details is the fact that GTA IV will implement more RPG elements. One scenario could be the possibility of only being able to do certain missions once, like having to catch a train at 7pm, if you don’t make it to the train on time, then you won’t be able to do that mission.
There were some other interesting details that were revealed in the article such as the removal of the HUD (health and armor will be reflected by Niko), explosions that are more…well, explosive, and gore that will give the game a real sense of realism (shoot someone in the leg and you can expect them to limp).
Full list of details after the break.
1) When you move, there is a slight vibration with every footstep when you run
2) The HUD has been removed- no health or armour indicators, it is all visual- and if you have armour, you actually have a bulletproof vest which visually deteriorates
3) Flame thrower and rocket launcher are still in the game
4) Explosions are larger than ever, and there is a mission in the game based on creating an awesome chain reaction of car explosions- apparently this looks awesome
4) Cars don’t explode unless you blow them up – I.E they wont explode if you just keep crashing or hitting them – you have to rocket launch into them
5) Niko doesn’t get tired- you can run forever, it just wont be as fast as previously.
6) more RPG elements, I.E – for a mission, you must catch the train at 7pm, and if you don’t, you don’t get to do that particular mission (they just gave this as an example, the scenario isn’t confirmed in the game yet)
7) Gore is back and better, bullet wounds show, blood appears where you shoot people, they limp if you shoot them in the leg, and hold their arm if you shoot their arm. Apparently when you run someone over it is disturbing (but they gave no more detail)
No eating, girlfriends, keeping fit- but your skills do improve over time (driving etc)
9) Secret vehicles and “plenty of goodies” at 100% completion- no more details given (either not revealed or simply not known yet)
10) Land size is bigger than the 3 cities (not country) in SA put together
11) Graphics are better than Saints Row – draw distance is literally as far as you can see