More Rock Band 2 Tunes Surface While Led Zeppelin is Scared of Change
One of our readers iKiddo sent us a link the over the holiday that really upset me to be quite frank. Apparently, Kotaku has learned via the Wall Street Journal that
“It ain’t about the money,” says Peter Mensch of Q Prime Management who handles Led Zeppelin’s interests.
So, Jimmy Page is more comfortable purchasing anything and everything that Alister Crowley touched or farted on, but is not comfortable granting someone access to the master tapes for a bit. At least he has his priorities straight I guess, however I am saddened and heartbroken over this.
Two bits of good news though, one is that Van Halen, The Eagles, Steely Dan (????) and Guns N’ Roses have “deals of varying types in the works” for both games and the other is the supposed playlist below- which you need to take with a grain of salt until confirmation comes down from the powers that be. These could be for Rock Band 2, then again they could be DLC. Whatever the case, Kotaku got the list from a Scorehero thread which has since been taken down.
- “One Step Closer” by Linkin Park
- “Peace Sells” by Megadeth
- “Testify” by Rage Against The Machine
- “American Woman” by The Guess Who
- “White Wedding” by Billy Idol
- “You Oughta Know” by Allanis Morrisette
- “Aqua Lung” by Jethro Tull
- “Bad Reputation” by Joan Jett
- “Drain You” by Nirvana
- “Man in the Box” by Alice In Chains
- “Spoonman” by Soundgarden
- “We Got The Beat” by the Go-Gos