Mothership Lands August 3rd for Fallout 3
The Fallout 3 DLC has definitely demonstrated that Bethesda learned from the Elder Scrolls Oblivion experience. There’s been absolutely no Horse Armor parallel, and while the first releases – The Pitt for example – were a bit anemic on content the last two releases – Broken Steel and Point Lookout have been excellent. Well today we got official word that the 5th and final downloadable content add on for Fallout 3 will arrive on August 3rd, 2009 for the Xbox 360 and on Windows Live for PC at a cost of 800 MS points.
The last release – titled Mothership Zeta will add some new weapons to the game as well as new alien adversaries. Those unfamiliar with the previous games in the series may not realize that Aliens and Fallout go way back – including a mention and random crash site location in the first game and a ray gun that make obliterating enemies that much more fun.
I’ve included the full details as well as some newly released screen shots after the jump.
Defy hostile alien abductors and fight your way off of the massive Mothership Zeta, orbiting Earth miles above the Capital Wasteland. Mothership Zeta takes Fallout 3 in an entirely new direction – outer space. Meet new characters and join with them in a desperate bid to escape the Aliens’ clutches. To do so, you’ll wield powerful new weapons, like the Alien Atomizer, Alien Disintegrator, and Drone Cannon, and deck yourself out in brand new outfits, like the Gemini-Era Spacesuit and even Samurai Armor.
A strange Alien signal is being broadcast throughout the Capital Wasteland, originating from a crashed UFO. Is it a distress call, or something far more sinister? That question is answered when you find yourself beamed aboard an enormous Alien spacecraft, with only one alternative – to fight your way to the bridge of the ship and secure your escape.
- Find and exploit new and destructive alien technology, like the Alien Atomizer and Drone Cannon.
- Explore the vast Mothership and learn the secrets of the Aliens’ master plan.
- Thwart the Aliens’ attempt to stop your escape, and take over the Alien ship before it wreaks havoc on the unsuspecting Earth below.
- Fight against the Alien Invaders, their robot drones, and turn their own horrible experiments against them.
- Ally yourself with an unexpected array of characters, both from the Capital Wasteland and from Earth ’s past.