Neverwinter Night 2 Community Update: Patch Details
A new Neverwinter Nights 2 Community Update has been posted to the Obsidian forum. This particular update deals exclusively with the next NwN12 patch. The word is that patch 1.12 will be going to closed beta next week. Many of the goals have past first muster but several issues are still being hammered out. Check for full details after the braek as to what issues have been and are being worked on.
1.12 Patch Goals (Feb 1, 2008)
Items in green have passed the first phase of testing.
- Eliminate the errors caused by transitioning with familiars summoned.
- Fix the issue where the Use Magic Device skill takes priority over caster levels. (Fixed as of 2/1)
- Allow Warlocks to be able to take crafting feats. (Fixed as of 1/28)
- Eliminate area transition crashes.
- Fix the issue where swapping spells on level-up makes characters invalid. (Fixed as of 1/11).
- Update the Dedicated Server Creator to install NX1 files and model directories. (Fixed as of 2/1)
- Provide more detail in the Multiplayer “missing file” error message.
- Eliminate the item identification price discrepancies between the toolset and the price displayed in-game. (Fixed as of 1/11).
- Fix 75 spells. – May move to next patch as we may need to include all spell fixes at once.
- Make appropriate spells able to be scribed to a scroll. (Arcane spells complete)
- Allow Armorrulestats.2da to be readable from hak pack in-game. (fixed as of 1/28)
- Allow dieties.2da to be readable from hak pack in-game. (fixed as of 2/1)
- Fix issues with Invisibility.
- Bind the player list to the P key.
- Implement the UI feature to change portraits in-game.(Implemented as of 1/11).
- Implement multi-server portal support.
- Increase the dedicated server player limit to 120. (Fixed as of 1/11 – Player limit will be 96).
- Natural AC is not working properly (Fixed as of 1/28).
- Losing points in UMD can cause items to be destroyed. – 80% Complete
- Spellcasting classes not adding together in regards to prerequisites for feats and epic spells.
- Non-MoTB players can see the low-light vision effect around other players (Added to the patch).
- Fix the issue where splitting dropped items can cause crashes (Fixed as of 2/1).