New GTA IV Details Emerge From British Mag
British game magazine GAMES TM featured an article with some new tasty tidbits of Rockstar’s upcoming GTA IV. Without further ado, here are some of the more interesting information straight from the article:
- Liberty City’s equivalent of Times Square will be called “Star Junction”
- Niko has a high amount of detail. His facial expressions, movements, and his overall sense of self are all done to a high detail.
- Niko’s cell phone will play a big role in the game. One example is the ability to call someone in order to deliver guns to a nearby location.
- Something as simple as a taxi ride can be handled in different ways such as simply car-jacking the driver and taking off, or actually getting in the cab and being a passenger, turning into a first-person view and being able to take in the sights and sounds of the city
- According to Rockstar, the internet will have a HUGE part in the game, providing the player a hub for numerous amounts of interactivity within Liberty City
- Police interaction will be completely different from previous GTAs. GTA IV will use a radar system to track you down. When you commit a crime, you will get 1 wanted star, and police will be tipped off to your current position. The only way police can give chase is if they physically see you.
- No pauses or loading screens when entering buildings
I can’t help but get even more excited over GTA IV with these new details from GAMES TM. I recommend you guys read the full article, which is conveniently located at the bottom of this article, to get a better understanding on why this is going to be one of the biggest games in ’07.