New Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword Videos at GDC
Paradox Interactive and Taleworlds Entertainment released three new videos for their upcoming action RPG title, Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword.
This second sequel adds new content to the Mount & Blade series and currently boasts seven multiplayer maps, multiple endings, and a rich collection of new weapons, including the introduction of firearms–the titular “fire.”
With Sword and Fire takes place in 17th century Eastern Europe, following the historic war between Poland, Russia, Ukraine, the Crimean Khanate and Sweden. The singleplayer campaign offers different story lines for each faction, and new customization options allow players to personalize their armies, castles, and towns.
In addition to the enhanced singleplayer mode, With Fire and Sword also provides a host of original multiplayer content including the new game mode: Captain. Team Deathmatch with a twist, Captain allows each player to command a customizable squad of 3-24 bots who fight alongside him in battle.
- Introduces firearms and battle formations
- Multiple endings for high replayability
- Enhanced siege mechanics: storm the castle, blow up the wall, bribe an officer or poison the well/food to get past the defenses!
- 7 new multiplayer maps: Nomad Camp, Moscow Cremlin, Moscow Fortress, Novgorod Fortress, Swedish Castle, Teutonic Castle, Field by the River
- New Multiplayer mode: Captain. Up to 16 players can each command a squad of soldiers
Interview with lead designer Mikail Yazbek:
Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword will be released in Spring 2011.