New PS3 Firmware Drops the Ban Hammer on Black Ops Hackers
Yesterday we told you that Sony had released a new firmware for the PS3, version 3.56. We also told you that hackers cracked it a couple of hours in. One thing they didn’t crack was the hack detection for Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Black Ops hackers are feeling the pain with permanent console bans. The image above is what the hackers see when they try to take Black ops online.
As usual when the ban hammer starts smashing people, the CoD PS3 forums are awash in folks loudly protesting their innocence. While I don’t want to single out anyone by name, I would like to highlight the excuses they’re giving, because they are both amusing and delicious at the same time. Here are just a few for your enjoyment (taken from the posts – in no way are we responsible for the reprehensible spelling):
- “It might of been my frineds though because i lent him my ps3 a couple of days ago because his ps3 got YLOD”
- “It wont let let me play online idk why it says prem ban i didnt do anything man i miss black ops well looks like i have to get a 360.”
- “Hi i understand all of then terms and conditions of playing call of duty black ops, but my PS3 has been banned.. and i dont understand why? there a few people here who play online in this house but none of us can anymore. how can i get some help?”
- “i didnt do anything to get banned what i did my m8 said he was 15th yea and i said let me go on ur acc then if ur 15th so i just went on his acc and he was 15th and then deleted the user then the next day when i went on my account that message came up”
- “I was playin Black Ops and seached for a game of search and destroy, i just prestiged 4 da 4th time and entered a modded lobby. Ileft straight away when i relised wat it waz next thing i no i banned and reset.”
Nary a guilty one among them. Of course, there are no guilty folks in prison either. They all got screwed by their lawyer. These guys all got screwed by a buddy or a hacked server. Either way, it’s good to see some justice landing on the hackers. It makes not being one all the more rewarding.