New Team Fortress 2, Steam Client Update Released
Valve’s Steam service has the latest Team Fortress 2 update available as well as an updated Steam client. This patch includes a little something for budding machinima creators as well as the usual tweaks and bug fixes.
As always, the downloads start automatically when you run your Steam client.
The latest changes to Team Fortress 2 are as follows:
- Added new option for medigun beam to the Multiplayer->Advanced dialog. If on, the medigun beam will stay attached to the current target without the need to hold down the fire button
- Added new option for the sniper rifle to the Multiplayer->Advanced dialog. If disabled, the sniper rifle won’t re-zoom after firing a zoomed shot
- Added “nextlevel” server cvar. If set to a valid map name, server will change to that map during the next changelevel
- Fixed PerfUI being used as a type of wall-hack on servers without sv_cheats set to 1
- Reduced Granary spawn advantage for capping the middle point
- Fixed players turning into “Scout” model after lagouts (and a variety of related issues, such as disappearing doors)
- Fixed obscure crash related to resolution changing
- Gave machinima creators access to “tf_testvcd” and “tf_testrr” commands for playing scenes on characters
- SDK Launcher now has a drop list of engine versions in addition to a drop list of games/mods. This eliminates the need to specify engine version as a launch option
via Steam News