New Unreal Engine 3 Trailer
If you’ve seen Epic’s Samaritan demo, showcasing the real-time graphics rendering its Unreal Engine 3 is now capable of, you’ve probably had to mop the drool off the floor.
Well, prepare your drooling cup, because Epic has released its new Unreal Engine 3 trailer, illustrating which features of its engine were responsible for the various graphical wonders in Samaritan.
Here a feature list:
- DirectX 11 multisample anti-aliasing for hair
- DirectX 11 subsurface scattering (realistic skin/light interactions)
- Enhanced bloom
- Apex clothing (realistic cloth collision)
- High quality shadows
- Bokeh depth of field (realistic blur filters applied to out-of-focus objects)
- Shadowed point light reflections
- DirectX 11 tessellation and displacement
- DirectX 11 deferred rendering with multisample anti-aliasing support
- DirectX 11 image based reflections
- Color grading
- Cascading shadow mapping
- Light shafts
- Seamless lighting transitions
- Realistic foliage
- Soft-edge motion blur
- Unreal landscape terrain editor
- Scaleform UI
These features are also available in UDK, the free edition of the engine at www.udk.com.