New Wolfenstein Title Promises More Nazis Dabbling in the Occult
Thanks to Kinatro over at NeoGAF, gamers now have a taste of what is in the new Game Informer before they get it in the mail – well, me anyway. I never seem to get it when everyone else does. Thanks GameStop.
Anyway – good news for Wolfenstein fans (like me) because within the confines of the pages, it has been announced that the much rumored and hardly heard of continuation of Return to Castle Wolfenstein will premiere sometime next week at E3. id Software and Raven will be at the festivities, while it may also show up at Activison’s “Screw-You-ESA” party going on around the same time.
Here are some of the facts pulled out of the August issue of GI:
- Wolfenstein (360, PS3, PC)
- Pub: Activision, Dev: Raven Software/ID Software
- Takes place in WWII against Nazi’s fully dabbling in the occult
- BJ (the hero) will also make use of supernatural powers
- Game gives you a city in which the game takes place. Missions and quests take you through different parts. As you complete quests, more of the city opens up. Kind of a non-linear path
- Set piece and randomly generated activity block your path
- There is an AI resistance force that will assist you during the game at times. Think of the resistance forces in MGS4
- You will also enter “The Shroud”, an alternate reality version of the city. A dimension in which the Nazi’s are drawing power from.
Supposedly, the screens look great, the lighting is impressive, and oh hell, it is a Wolfenstein game for crying out lout that is suppose to come out sometime this year.
Looks like between this, Fallout 3, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Far Cry 2, and the Mines of Moria expansion for LotRO heading to stores this year, my gaming dance-card will be full.