New World in Conflict Patch Available
The latest World in Conflict patch is up on FileFront. Patch v1.006 adds several new features including enhanced server filters, improved “Play Now” functions and anti clan smurfing measures. It also fixes balancing issues and enhances the various communications tools in the game. Look for the full patch notes after the break.
World in Conflict was one of the best RTS games I didn’t play last year though I couldn’t get Gaming Today Editorial Manager Ron Whitaker to shut up about its greatness for weeks after E3 and its release. Maybe its time I picked up a copy of the Collector’s Edition on the cheap.
Alternate language patches are available here.
World in Conflict Update
This is the sixth update for World in Conflict, focused primarily on balancing and several new features like enhanced server filters, enhanced “Play Now” functions and a feature to hamper clan smurfing. There are also several additions and enhancements to the various communications tools featured in the game.
- New server list filters added, Rank Balance (Any, Rank Balanced, Not Rank Balanced).
- New server list filters added, Game Mode (Any, Domination Only, Assault Only, Tug of War Only).
- Some settings are now forced on Ranked Servers.
- Implemented features to prevent clan smurfing.
- Made all text messages more intelligible through better screen placing and color.
- Added visual travel directions on some Tactical Aid markers.
- Added a feature where player units are high-lighted when using VOIP.
- Added text and sound warnings when doing damage to teammates.
- Improved the alias functionality, making it possible to bind a specific key to a specific tactical aid and much more.
- Changed the default colors available in “Set Player Color”.
- Changed behavior for the mode Special Abilities. Activating it twice via the keyboard shortcut will no longer abort it.
- Added ability to define your own colors in “Set Player Color”.
- The Options for “Play Now” has a new direct shortcut under the “Play Now” button.
- “Play Now” will default to Rank Balanced Domination Only servers, this can be changed in “Options>Massgate”.
- Added an option to change camera height in “Options>Controls>Camera Maximum Height”.
- Added name of current server to end screen.
- CheckMouseDown function added to python modding interface (mod specific).
Units and balancing:
- All out-of-role unit costs have been reduced.
- Increased cost of the Laser Guided Bomb Tactical Aid for all roles.
- Heavy Anti-Air Vehicle now gives 40% more score when killed.
- Heavy Anti-Air Vehicle view range and fire range decreased.
- Heavy Attack Helicopter fire range and special ability fire range decreased.
- Heavy Attack Helicopter rocket accuracy decreased.
- Medium Anti-Air Vehicle fire range decreased.
- Medium Anti-Air Vehicle accuracy decreased.
- Light Tank cannon damage increased.
- Updated hit boxes for USSR Transport Truck.
- Tweaked Tactical Aid marker behavior to make the rotation more responsive.
- Tweaked the auto team balance feature to start earlier.
- Tweaked do_quarry to fix incorrect path-finding in several places.
- Fixed a bug where Tactical Nukes sometimes wouldn’t make Command Points go neutral.
- Fixed a bug where infantry in houses would not always auto-acquire targets.
- Fixed a bug with Reinforcement Menu sometimes not closing correctly right at the start of a game.
- Fixed a crash bug on “Mission 1 – Invasion” of single-player.
- Fixed a bug on do_xmas where a bridge would become impassable after having been blown apart and repaired three times.
- Fixed a bug that made texture streaming sometimes fail on single core computers resulting in low resolution textures.