Newest Game Informer Reveals Resistance 3 Details
The new Game Informer magazine has a bunch of details on Resistance 3. If you’ve seen the screenshots that leaked recently, you won’t be surprised that Capelli, who has recently started a family with Nathan Hale’s stepsister Susan, plays the lead role in the game.
Here’s a rundown of some of the things you can expect from Insomniac’s upcoming sequel.
- Weapon Wheel returns.
- Capelli has started a family with Susan.
- Co-op confirmed, but there’ll be no alternate story co-op as in Resistance 2.
- African Prison is one of the included maps.
- The world is changing in R3; Chimeran plant life explodes when shot.
- AI will be smarter.
- Capelli can climb over walls and through windows.
- Longs Legs will be jumping from roof to roof trying to shoot you down.
- A new weapon called the Mutator shoots biological mists, causing boils and other injuries to enemies, which makes them explode causing splash damage.
- Bullseye, Magnum, Shotgun, Auger and Carbine are all coming back.
- Weapons can be upgraded, and will become better the more you use them.
- Grenades are shaped like food cans and are full of nails.
- Vaccine might be able to cure the Chimeran virus.
- Humans have turned to cannibalism due to lack of food.
- Capelli is trying to save his son and has some “other” unknown mission.
- He is joined by Malikov and they go to New York, St Louis and other locales.
- The team wants to make online play more organized and less clustered than the 60-player matches in R2.
- Ted Price handed the reigns to Marcus Smith for a lot of the game’s work
If you want full details, you’ll have to wait for your copy to hit your mailbox, unless you can snag one from a friendly GameStop store. Until then, you should really check out the first cinematic trailer right here.