Orcs and Elves Invade the Nintendo DS
Originally a cell phone game, Orcs & Elves is a fantasy RPG created by id Software and was voted Mobile Game of the year at AIAS . Now, Electronic Arts is releasing it for the Nintendo DS and it will be hitting stores on November 13th.Developed by Fountainhead Entertainment, Orcs & Elves will be making its Nintendo DS debut with more foes, levels, and weapons. With a storyline sprawling twelve levels, the game is basically a dungeon-crawling experience set amidst a mountainous Dwarven fortress, the player will explore for ancient treasure, weapons and fight enemies as young half-elf. You will find thirteen mystical weapons including magical swords, deadly crossbows, and a war hammer as you fight through waves of legendary beasts each with their own tactics and powers. Along the way, players will also befriend characters, such as an ancient dragon, to help fight your way into the deepest reaches of the fortress on a quest to expel the evil from the mountain’s core.
Using the DS touch screen to solve puzzles, overcome deadly traps and unleash magical powers with an arsenal of arcane items like magic potions, enchanted rings, dragon scale armor and an enchanted wand; Orcs & Elves sounds like a fun diversion from most of the DS titles released to date.
Game features are listed after the break along with screenshots.
- Explore a Dungeon Teeming with Adventure: Travel through a Dwarven citadel’s twelve massive levels, each riddled with evil forces and ancient treasure.
- Put your Best RPG Strategies to the Test: Solve devious puzzles, overcome deadly traps, and battle massive forces of foul beasts.
- Master Unique Weapons and Items: Wield extraordinary weapons including a sentient wand, a powerful warhammer, and magic swords. Use the DS Touch Screen to cast spells and make use of magic potions, enchanted rings, and dragonscale armor.
- Unravel an Award-Winning Storyline: With over ten hours of handheld gaming, escape to a place of adventure, mystery, and sorcery with Orcs & Elves, the new first-person adventure from id Software and Fountainhead Entertainment.
- New For the DS: A 3D game engine, new creatures, three new levels, new potions, and four new spells will thrill even the most seasoned adventurer, giving them reason to journey back into Zharrharag.