Orcs Must Die! 2 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- This stage is comprised of two floors, and three doors. All the doors meet at a long straight hallway leading from the the objective rift.
- There’s three new environmental traps here to help. Chandeliers are one-use traps that’ll kill anything it lands on. Near the rift itself, you’ll find a pot of Boiling Oil you can tip over on incoming orcs. The last trap is the Rolling Log at the end of the hallway.
- Your strongest chokepoint is near the rift, in the three-square hallway with the low ceiling between the stairs. Most of the orc hordes will use the lower paths.
- Line the upper halls with Dwarfs or Archers with traps. Gnoll Hunters only hunt your hero, they’ll mostly leave your Guardians alone.
- Equip the new Ice Amulet with your primary attack weapon. You can bring as many weapons as you like, as long as you don’t mind sacrificing trap space on your menu.
- The Ice Amulet can help you build huge combos by freezing hordes of enemies inside your trap choke points.
- Orcs will attack through the closest door, then the middle door during the 2nd wave. When the 3rd wave appears, the last door will open.
- During the 3rd wave, large groups of Bomber Kobolds will come for you. They’ll use the upper paths, don’t let them sneak up behind you.
- The Ice Amulet will help deal with all the Kobolds. The area-of-effect ice blast secondary can stop the groups and give you time to clear them out.
- Your best defense against Sappers are the Brimstone Traps with the upgraded ability to burn more enemies before going out.
- Most of your troubles are likely to come from the top floors. Make sure to lock down the two major paths upstairs with traps. If you fill that three-square choke point under the Boiling Oil, you can ignore the orcs coming from below almost completely.
- By the 7th wave, you should have traps covering the main choke point and the two major paths upstairs. This is a good time to start constructing either on the main orc-door approaches, or fortifying the open area right outside the rift as your last resort. Cover the exits to the stairs first.
- Another use for Brimstone Traps are to counter the dangerous Trolls. They’re vulnerable to fire.
- When the stage is complete, you’ll unlock the Archer Guardian. They’re weak in close combat, but can attack enemies at long-range, making them perfect for out-of-the-way locations where they’ll be safe.