Path of Exile – Spiritual Successor to Diablo 2? (Video)
A new trailer for the dark indie action RPG Path of Exile has unveiled the Templar, a class that favors both strength and intelligence attributes and skills.
Path of Exile has been in development for four years by New Zealand indie studio Grinding Gear Games, and based on the screenshots and gameplay footage, it’s looking like a spiritual successor to Diablo 2. The mature, gritty, bloody, visceral theme feels a lot more like Diablo than Diablo 3′s atmosphere.
Chris Wilson, Grinding Gear Games’ co-founder, said this about the Templar class:
In battle, the Templar can play as a traditional melee character or a hybrid battlemage, able to endure substantial damage while slaying monsters with spells. By dealing some of his damage with strong melee weapons and the rest with a barrage of spells, he offers many new combat options over the traditional warrior or spellcaster classes.
- Completely free to download and play
- A persistent online world capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of players
- A dark and gritty game world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Randomly generated levels and items for extreme replayability
- Online ranking and ladders for every game mode
- Visceral combat with dozens of combinable skills
- Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition
- Dynamic skill system
Watch the video:
More trailers need Scottish voice-overs.
For more information, or to sign up for the closed beta, visit the official website.