PAX 2010: The Force Unleashed 2 Gameplay Video
At yesterday’s Star Wars: The Old Republic panel, we got a little surprise in the form of a live gameplay demo for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. So, we have a surprise for you fine readers in return: we shot the whole thing on video, embedded below.
The never-before-seen demo takes place on the planet of Kato Neimoidia, which was briefly revealed in Episode 3. Here’s a few new gameplay tidbits we noticed in the video:
- Dual-saber combat, more acrobatic moveset.
- Enemy: “Riot Troops.” Have powerful staffs that can deflect light sabers
- Force throw + lighting shock move.
- “Disarm” moves. Can steal Riot Troops’ staffs, and smack them with it.
- “Grapple” moves. Extended melee takedown animations.
- Enemy: “Jump Troopers,” have jetpacks.
- Enemy: Carbonite War Droid. Can freeze you into carbonite if you’re careful.
- Improved targeting system (thank god!) Can apparently rip tie fighters right out of the sky with ease.
- Enemy: Gorog. Yup. You get to fight a Gorog in the a giant arena.
Enjoy the video!