Pikmin 3: Secret Files Locations Guide
Looking for that secret code Miyamoto tweeted about in Pikmin 3? To get every number of the code, players will have to discover files hidden around the game world. Find all ten memos with the guide below.
There are two secret files per area, and each memo unlocks a random number. What do these numbers do? We don’t know yet. Miyamoto has promised to reveal what the code does, but he hasn’t shared yet.
Secret Files Locations Guide
Note: Numbers given for each secret memo are random.
- File #1: In the wet rocky area where the pikmin encounter a Calcified Crushblat, look in the lower corner.
- File #2: Found near the tree stump, reached by placing pikmin on pressure pads. Before dropping into the hole in the stump, look for the memo around the roots leading into the rocks below.
Garden of Hope
- File #3: One memo is floating around the weighted lift puzzle. Use Pikmin to weigh down the platforms to reach the file.
- File #4: Look in the fallen pot where a Peckish Aristocrab appears. Found on the path to the Quaggled Mireclops.
- File #5: On the rock wall surrounding the landing ground. Use the rocks outside the enclosed around to throw a captain up onto the ledge.
- File #6: Inside the cave with the Bamboo Wall, use 10 flying pikmin to open the way. There are two fallen corrugated metal panels stuck in the dirt just ahead. Look behind them to find a hidden memo.
- File #7: On the second river with lily pads while traveling to the Scornet Maestro, ride a pad down the river and throw a captain to the pad to reach the ledge. Then throw a captain to the high platform down the grass path to find another memo.
- File #8: On the root path of the Scornet Maestro’s tree, pass the bridge and throw a captain to the roots on the right. Explore down the path to find a hidden memo.
- File #9: Near the start of the oak, smash the Reinforced Wall and look in the spotcaps to find the memo.
- File #10: In the dark section of the cave that needs to be lit by blue mushrooms, travel across the shroom tops to find a pile of dirt near Candypop Buds. Dig up the dirt with Pikmin to discover the last memo.