Pikmin 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Exploration Day 9
- Call in 20 red, 40 rock and 40 yellow pikmin, then cross the bridge to turn left on the other side and eliminate the snitchbug to pass through the electric gate nearby.
- Return to the cave where you previously encountered the phosbats and approach the broken red wire ahead to re-connect it using yellow pikmin, then make your way across the bridge of the plants that has sprouted up above and collect the data file on the other side.
- Proceed through the opening above to reach a new area and connect the red wire on the right to reveal the Vehemoth Phosbat’s location, then hit the creature with as many pikmin as possible before it flies away again.
- Each time the Vehemoth is visible while in flight, make sure you have called all of the pikmin back in as quickly as possible and that your character is standing safely in the light.
- Stay within the light of the surrounding fluorescent flowers to avoid the phosbat’s shadow and proceed forward through the cave to connect the next red wire against the wall, then hit the boss with another flurry of pikmin to activate a cut scene.
- Afterwards, move left through the cave to eliminate the smaller phosbats and their pods with the help of rock pikmin, while staying within the light of the fluorescent flowers to avoid the Vehemoth’s attacks.
- Follow the line of red flowers to reach a broken section of bridge and turn right to connect the next wire below, then launch another assault against the Vehemoth and head towards the opposite end of the cave to uncover another pair of red flowers separated by a gap.
- Toss your pikmin across the gap to eliminate the small phosbats and their pods on the other side, then throw 10 yellow ones and Brittany across the gap to reconnect the next red wire against the wall.
- Regain control of Alph to hit the Vehemoth with another attack and toss 15 more yellow pikmin across the gap, then take control of Brittany to approach the pile of fragments on the ridge above to the right and have them carried away to start construction of a bridge.
- Head back to the opposite side of the cave to locate another pile of fragments on an overhead ledge and have them carried away to finish construction of the bridge, then cross over it to detect a power surge on the other end and toss 20 yellow pikmin on top of the red battery platform to light up the entire cavern.
- Call everyone back in to hit the disoriented Vehemoth with a final assault and defeat this enemy for good to activate a cut scene, then have the boss’ body and the large piece of fruit that dropped down carried away.
- Follow the boss’ body out of the cave to remove the next obstacle with the help of ten red pikmin, then return all the pikmin on the field to the Onion before sunset to complete the ninth day.