Pikmin 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Exploration Day 17
- Call in 25 of each pikmin and pass through the concrete wall to ascend the paper bag incline on the other side, then proceed forward to reach a new area and cross the bridge on the left to step onto the next lily pad below.
- Hop onto the first available lily pad that passes in front of you and keep your eyes forward while traveling downstream to spot the mushroom ahead on the right, then bounce the Captain and as many pikmin as possible off it so that they land on the next ledge above.
- Take control of the Captain to destroy the nearby crystal and collect the fruit inside, then turn around to destroy the spider web and toss winged pikmin across the gap in front of you so they can carry away the fragment pile on the next tree stump.
- Rejoin your teammates to combine the pikmin into a single squad again and return to the bamboo wall to make a left in front of it, then cross the next bridge ahead on the right to enter a new area and continue around the incline to activate a cut scene at the top.
- Afterwards, sprint in a circle around the boss hovering above to wait for the swarm to form a drill-shape and continue moving in this way to avoid the scornets that spew out in a straight line.
- Once the swarm has separated itself from the Scornet Maestro, approach at close-range to bring the boss to the ground with a flurry of winged pikmin and continue striking the boss’ fallen body with the rest of them.
- Call all of the pikmin back over to you and start moving in a circle around the boss again, then dodge the swarm of scornets and attack the Maestro in the same manner as before.
- After you have drained half of the Maestro’s life, sprint around him as before until the swarm forms into a rectangle and continue encircling the boss to avoid the oncoming lines of scornet.
- Assault the boss with another flurry of pikmin and encircle him as before until the swarm forms a ring around you, then use a few rock pikmin to break apart a few links in the chain beside you and sprint through the opening to escape danger.
- Finish off the Maestro with a final pikmin attack to activate a cut scene, then collect the two bodies and the enormous fruit.
- Return all the pikmin on the field to the Onion before sunset to complete the seventeenth day.