Pikmin 3 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Exploration Day 1
Charlie’s Crash Site
- After clicking through the dialogue in the opening cut scene, move up the path behind you to discover the surrounding group of tiny creatures and follow it around the corner to reach the circular platform at the end.
- Following the next action sequence, whistle into the crowd of tiny creatures to bring them in closer and press the indicated button to toss them back onto the platform in front of you.
- Shake the controller to disperse the crowd of small creatures and watch as they devour the surrounding mushrooms, then call them to your side again and move back down the previous path to whistle for the other pikmin on the ridges above by placing the cursor over them first.
- Collect the last of the pikmin from the leaf above on the right so that you now have an even twenty following behind, then move back up the path again to approach the cluster of mushrooms blocking the corner and toss about ten of the small creatures onto them for removal.
- Once the pikmin have eaten through the wall of mushrooms, proceed forward through the gap above to continue following the snowy path and stop in front of the enormous mushrooms ahead.
- Toss your entire squad of pikmin onto the pair of enormous mushrooms until they are both completely devoured and continue moving up the snowy path to enter a new area above.
- Proceed across the bridge with 30 pikmin now in tow to enter the cave on the other side and encounter a new breed of creature, then toss about ten members of your squad amongst these animals to turn them into glow-in-the-dark plants and activate a cut scene to complete Charlie’s first exploration day.
Alph’s Crash Site
- Make your way up onto the beach to encounter the red pikmin and chase after him to activate a cut scene in the next clearing above, then whistle at the group of small creatures to call them over and toss all of them at the spaceship caught in the overhead branch to free it.
- Following the next cut scene, turn around with your new squad of 3 pikmin to approach the broken bridge behind you and locate the KopPad.
- Move towards the pile of rubble below to toss all 3 pikmin at it and watch as the tiny creatures use the pieces to rebuild the bridge, then cross to the other side to collect the KopPad and find the location of the SS Drake.
- Toss one pikmin at the each of the three red flowers above and follow them back across the bridge to watch them deposit the buds into the spaceship’s tractor beam, then pluck the sprouts it produces to acquire more of the tiny creatures so that there are now 10 in your squad.
- Cross back over the bridge again to follow the dirt trail around the corner and toss a few pikmin at the grub creature you encounter below to have it turned into a member of the squad, then continue moving along the path to convert more of these insects and another red flower.
- Climb the hill at the end of the trail to toss at least 5 pikmin at it and bring your squad number up to 20, then approach the large box blocking the next pathway above and unleash all of the creatures to push this obstacle forward.
- Once you’ve collected the data file, look at the Gamepad to learn more information about the pikmin and move through the cave entrance above on the left.
- Use the pikmin to devour the surrounding mushroom clusters and to destroy the sandcastle wall blocking the path ahead, then exit the cave to activate a cut scene and answer the incoming call to complete Alph’s first exploration day.